Recommendations for bluetooth intercom headset

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Bruce Fielding

Re: Recommendations for bluetooth intercom headset

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat May 02, 2020 8:39 am

Peter255 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:01 am I also want the capability to do an intercom with driving instructors, assuming I ever get back on track too (after this COVID mess). :( So it needs to be flexible to work with other Bluetooth kit. I guess instructors generally already have a lid with a Bluetooth kit installed?

My missus doesn't come out in the car very often, and doesn't have a lid so this will be mainly for me for using the phone for music, satnav, and making calls (plus the intercom).
In my experience - and in the UK - race instructors usually have Peltor units fitted in their lids as race standard. They are eye-wateringly expensive. https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/motorsp ... /brand/18/

Mind you I'm an old git and things might have changed, but as a generalisation, if you want race instruction, check what the instructors use - or carry a spare lid of approximately the right size fitted with the comms of your choice to your lesson for your instructor to wear. Hearing instruction is harder than you think in an Atom. Normally, they use hand signals (powerpowerpower, brake, and turn NOW) followed by post laps briefing.

phil4

Re: Recommendations for bluetooth intercom headset

Post by phil4 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:05 am

I'm with Bruce. The tutor's I've had usually don't have comms at all, they just gesture. Of course I expect if you pay much more for your tuition they may use more expensive kit, but equally I doubt motorcycle comms gear is that common for them to fit.