Directorship changes

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Alex Brandon-Smith

Directorship changes

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 am

After a number of years as my partner in crime, [mention]Steve Gibson[/mention] has decided it is time for him to step back from his responsibilities as a director of the Club.

Steve has been absolutely instrumental in many of the changes that have happened over the last few years and has brought about the new design for Ariel Club, the new website and the awesome merchandise that we are all proud to wear. I have very much enjoyed bouncing ideas off of him and his input will be missed. Steve is not leaving the fold, however, and is awaiting delivery of his Atom 4 and will continue to monitor the Facebook pages and forum for us.

[mention]phil4[/mention] and I continue to lead the Club and we have asked [mention]Karl V[/mention] to join us on the board. Karl tentatively agreed subject to the members giving their approval and an email was sent last week regarding the directorship changes and the name change. The members of the Club have, so far, responded sufficiently to give consent for the changes to the Club board and as of yesterday, Steve resigned and I'd like to welcome Karl to the head of the ship. If anyone still needs to reply to that email, we still need further agreement to get the name change actioned so please respond asap.

Karl has been involved with the Club since the middle of last year and has taken over the membership responsibilities. He has also been working with Phil to improve the forum and has been helping [mention]GraemeW[/mention] with event planning. He has started a monthly/quarterly email newsletter for the members to stay in touch and is always working on other discounts which members can benefit from. He will be a great asset to the club and has increased our numbers already to the largest paid membership the club has seen.

I am personally looking forward to working with him and wanted also to take this opportunity to thank Phil for his tireless work behind the scenes to keep the IT side in order, along with helping Steve and I take some great decisions over the last year. And let's not forget Graeme who is handling events (and the curveball that is Corona Virus) and Andy Smith ([mention]Atom120[/mention] )who is dealing with all our stock holdings. Without these guys, the club would be a poorer place.

I hope you will all continue to see the benefits that the hard work of the team and will take this opportunity to thank them also.

Onwards and upwards. Be safe during this difficult time. Looking forward to getting together for a big bash on the other side!

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom: