Happy New Year, and 2020 Events to look forward to

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
GraemeW

Happy New Year, and 2020 Events to look forward to

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Happy New Year Ariel owners!

As we turn our attention to plans and priorities for 2020, we will no doubt be thinking about how we will enjoy our cars during the year. What events we will attend, where we will take our cars to find great roads? We will shortly publish the 2020 events schedule in the “Event listing” section of the forum. This will be updated regularly as new events are added or new details are available.

To make these more relevant and enjoyable for you, We thought it may be useful to get some feedback from members on the 2019, and earlier, events we have organised. Some of you may recall at the start of 2019 we set out to add a little more structure to, and organise more events. Everything from simple half day breakfast meets, to longer Euro trips.

We have met some of the objectives, but not all. In 2020 we want to improve and extend club events, and the best way to do that, is to base it on your feedback. The idea is to continue to provide a “pick n mix” of events, and supplement those organised by members themselves on the forum. I am also looking for a few regional volunteers to setup Breakfast meets in other regions. Hardly any organising at all, just select a venue for local owners to get to meet up once a month.

You can complete the Events survey by clicking here ---> https://forms.gle/7B2FqugRUc8ATBwo6

Thanks to KarlV helping structure the survey and actually putting it all together in Google forms.

GraemeW

Re: Happy New Year, and 2020 Events to look forward to

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:21 pm

...you can of course also provide feedback here in this topic if you want to share it with others, or send me PMs

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:07 pm

Will there be another Mid-Summer Gas in 2020?

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:23 pm

I think we will give it a miss this year because we will have the Ariel 20 event which will be similar. Alex can confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Fair enough. As long as there’s something like that to look forward to. I thought Mid-Summer Gas was a blast.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:36 pm

[mention]SvenTheHammer[/mention] we are going to promote a track day around the summer time this year I think so we can all aim to get there but as [mention]GraemeW[/mention] says, Ariel XX will be coming up in September. I'll start chatting to Tom and [mention]HenryJS[/mention] about this and start to put together some details.

In the meantime mate, would be good to see you and Mel at the Winter Warmer if you can make it...
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:08 am

I should get my 4 around Feb/March according to Ariel. So I’ll be back in the mix when I do.