Ariel Club Calendar for 2020

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
GraemeW

Ariel Club Calendar for 2020

Post by GraemeW » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi all,

Its that time of the year again, to collect some pictures for next years club calendar. This is an opportunity for you to get your favourite shot into the calendar, to help us all celebrate our passion for these vehicles.

Last year we got about 90 great pictures. Please send in your best shots from this year. I will also seek out permission to use some pictures ive seen on instagram, the facebook group, or even on this forum. We may also seek to use some of those we couldn't from last year.

The calendar will be available for purchase later this year. Details to be advised. This post will also be on Facebook Ariel club group.

>>>>>>>>> PLEASE READ PROCESS & GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING <<<<<<<<<<

PROCESS & GUIDELINES........

1. Photos in the best resolution possible. In most cases this is original format pictures on your camera or phone, and not those from facebook or WhatsApp etc which have been compressed. Last year I got quite a few great shots but they were in low resolution so I couldn't use them. Go back to the original format rather than that you posted on social media.

2. Landscape generally better than portrait format

3. The selected pictures are going to be looked at for a whole month, so the WHOLE picture should be of good photographic merit. Your car may have the best paint job in the world, or look like sex on wheels, but if its shown in a Tescos car park or such like, its unlikely to be selected. So the beauty of the scenery of one of your trips, or the drama of the track, or even a very simple background which maintains the focus on the car itself. No fixed rules, but photographic merit. You know it when you see it.

4. Your own photos, or those you have with clear copyright permission. Credit will be given to the photographer for each picture used. Last year we got some excellent photos submitted by owners but actual photo was taken by a professional photographer, from whom we couldn't get copyright permission. So check first and if they are happy please encourage them to acknowledge permission when I contact them. Its best to have this in writing.

5. Generally photos from last 2 years. See "Ideas" section below. Older photos of merit ok, if they haven't been published or circulated widely before.

6. When you send your pictures, if its not immediately obvious, please include some information such as; when the photo was taken (roughly), where, whose vehicle it is, who took the photo, and any other relevant information that will help us appreciate the photo more.

7. Email your pictures to arielclubcalendar@gmail.com . Apologies, generally I will not be able to acknowledge all emails. Your email client should be able to confirm safe receipt.

8. Deadline is Sunday 24 November.

9. This is for all Ariel owners, admirers or agents worldwide.

10. Atoms, Nomads, Aces please

PHOTO IDEAS

MSG. Skid pan or any good shots of those Nomads going through bomb craters. Mine aren't good enough

Atom 4. New owners. There are a couple of photos on this forum I will contact the owners about.

Season kick off or breakfast meets

Nomad Southern hoon and Salisbury plain

London dawn raid

Ariels in the Alps

Art's Mud Nomad adventures. Ive spotted some on your Instagram account Art, so will contact you

US and worldwide models and events

Track days

Ariel Motors, TMI, and agents

All those great shots of Individual Atoms Nomads or Aces having fun out there

Thanks in advance for your contributions,
Graeme

GraemeW

Re: Ariel Club Calendar for 2020

Post by GraemeW » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:53 am

Bump....

Ive got 28 great pictures so far. Thanks to all those who have sent.

Please make my life more difficult and send loads more pictures of your cars and/or Ariel adventures. There must be loads more out there. Just over two weeks to cut off date.

Cheers

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:51 pm

only 1 more week to get your great Ariel pictures to me at arielclubcalendar@gmail.com

kelvin12382003

Post by kelvin12382003 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:51 pm

I will send some from Hong Kong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Are you going for a Pirelli style calendar this year [mention]GraemeW[/mention]?

2006 was one of their more interesting years...

image.png
image.png (994.32 KiB) Viewed 544 times

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Thanks Kelvin.
Karl I think I prefer the original Pirelli calendar 😊

kelvin12382003

Post by kelvin12382003 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks Kelvin, but I can't access the files?

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks all for sending through some great pictures. I will now begin the hard task of going through them to try and select 12 (or more) for next years calendar

Thanks to......
Ollie Trouth
Chris Cook
Keith Fox
Tim
Mark Wetherall
Michael Mcgillvray
Paul Bush
John Badley
Mark Lightfoot
Karl Vosper
Pooya Heiraty
Tom Vickers
Nick Mason
Carol Dunham
Steve Gibson
Kelvin Wong
Tony Brooks
Alan Pomroy
Rico Liu

I think I have everyone who sent me pictures. If your name is not there and you sent some, then send me a PM to check. I either mistakenly missed your name or the pictures didn't get through

Today is the deadline, but you still got time for any last minute pictures in the next couple of days

Graeme