Tracker

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
phil4

Tracker

Post by phil4 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 pm

This isn't so much asking for help/alternatives.... no this is just me venting my frustration.

As I'm on my second Ariel, and as they're usually a little pricey, every time I buy one, and setup insurance they want a tracker fitted, and proof of a subscription. Seems fair.

tracker ( www.tracker.co.uk) however seem to be one of the worst companies ever to deal with. :doh:

I'll start the start. I arranged insurance and was told I had 2 weeks to provide various evidence (photos of the car, proof of no claims, copy of driving license etc), including tracker certificate.

First off then, tracker.co.uk's "Chat" is always offline. :doh:
Next, you can use their contact form... but don't expect any sort of reply for days and days. :doh:
Finally, you can call them up... they'll put you in a queue (no, not one that gives you any idea how long you'll be waiting)... before they then tell you they can't help you until you send them proof of ownership. :doh:

The problem with this final bit is that until the DVLA send you it, you won't have it. Not that this is trackers fault, but makes time more of the essence. Yes, to an extent I can see why they can't take your money and setup a subscription on a car you don't own just in case some criminal tries to do so. (Although why they would, and why they can't deal with it, after all having a tracker cert is hardly proof of ownership).

So aside from the "can't do anything", and the eternity they take to respond :doh: ... the thing that really makes that worse? That all of this should be possible online, without any interaction instantly. After all I want to do is give them money. I don't want to ask questions, get a sales pitch, bargain for a discount... I simply want to purchase a subscription. Surely it's as simple as a form asking for your details, your car details and taking payment. If the car is already in the system, some sort of next step that decides who they call/believe if the tracker goes off, but that can be dealt with afterwards.

It shouldn't be that hard. And it seems to un-customer friendly as to be untrue. :doh:

There's also then the complete disconnect between the insurance companies who want the tracker evidence and tracker themselves. One wants it and will chase you for it, the other doesn't seem to care less. :doh:

So 1) try and avoid tracker if you can. 2) if you can, buy a multi-year susbscription so you have to deal with them as little as possible. :wize:

Now I feel better. :roflp:

Karl V

Re: Tracker

Post by Karl V » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:58 pm

You OK hon?

IanG

Post by IanG » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Always used this lot

http://www.globaltelemetrics.com/

Never had a problem can be a bit annoying if you push the car around without the ignition on
They keep ringing up to check if the car is being stolen :)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Karl V wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:58 pmYou OK hon?
I am now :)
irg100 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 pm Always used this lot

http://www.globaltelemetrics.com/
I think a few Atom owners do, defo one to look into either next time... or if this doesn't pan out.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:01 pm

irg100 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 pm ...can be a bit annoying if you push the car around without the ignition on...
How's the new engine build going Ian? Need a hand?

;D

IanG

Post by IanG » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi Karl
A week to go till it arrives
A hand is always required I might have a open workshop weekend
so anyone can pop in for tea and biscuits :)

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:48 pm

irg100 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:43 pm Hi Karl
A week to go till it arrives
A hand is always required I might have a open workshop weekend
so anyone can pop in for tea and biscuits :)
Your new engine needs a thread on here with loads of pictures and we need to run it on the rollers. I will run my new 4 for reference. Phil can bring his Nomad along too! ;)
Last edited by CambsBill on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: closing quote
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Mr G

Post by Mr G » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm

phil4 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 pm This isn't so much asking for help/alternatives.... no this is just me venting my frustration.

As I'm on my second Ariel, and as they're usually a little pricey, every time I buy one, and setup insurance they want a tracker fitted, and proof of a subscription. Seems fair.

tracker ( www.tracker.co.uk) however seem to be one of the worst companies ever to deal with. :doh:

I'll start the start. I arranged insurance and was told I had 2 weeks to provide various evidence (photos of the car, proof of no claims, copy of driving license etc), including tracker certificate.

First off then, tracker.co.uk's "Chat" is always offline. :doh:
Next, you can use their contact form... but don't expect any sort of reply for days and days. :doh:
Finally, you can call them up... they'll put you in a queue (no, not one that gives you any idea how long you'll be waiting)... before they then tell you they can't help you until you send them proof of ownership. :doh:

The problem with this final bit is that until the DVLA send you it, you won't have it. Not that this is trackers fault, but makes time more of the essence. Yes, to an extent I can see why they can't take your money and setup a subscription on a car you don't own just in case some criminal tries to do so. (Although why they would, and why they can't deal with it, after all having a tracker cert is hardly proof of ownership).

So aside from the "can't do anything", and the eternity they take to respond :doh: ... the thing that really makes that worse? That all of this should be possible online, without any interaction instantly. After all I want to do is give them money. I don't want to ask questions, get a sales pitch, bargain for a discount... I simply want to purchase a subscription. Surely it's as simple as a form asking for your details, your car details and taking payment. If the car is already in the system, some sort of next step that decides who they call/believe if the tracker goes off, but that can be dealt with afterwards.

It shouldn't be that hard. And it seems to un-customer friendly as to be untrue. :doh:

There's also then the complete disconnect between the insurance companies who want the tracker evidence and tracker themselves. One wants it and will chase you for it, the other doesn't seem to care less. :doh:

So 1) try and avoid tracker if you can. 2) if you can, buy a multi-year susbscription so you have to deal with them as little as possible. :wize:

Now I feel better. :roflp:
I can only agree on the Tracker people...disgraceful on the telephone

Anon

Post by Anon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 pm

This kind of puts me off the original Tracker. There are many alternatives that support VHF as well as GPS and GSM tracking. Some are quite inexpensive also.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:42 am

Phil

In response to one item you included in your post re-Tracker :
... before they then tell you they can't help you until you send them proof of ownership. :doh:
The problem with this final bit is that until the DVLA send you it, you won't have it
I would point out that the DVLA V5 document is not 'proof of ownership' (as it clearly states on it) as it simply provides the name of the vehicle 'Keeper' - who may, or may not be, the actual legal owner! :wize:

Proof of ownership is solely provided by your original purchase/sales receipt!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:04 am

You're spot on, and a discussion I had with Tracker.