First Chinese Atom?

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
arielchina

Re: First Chinese Atom?

Post by arielchina » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 am

Hi AtomStew, as you guys may know, for the Atom it still not legal for street driving here in China yet. Therefore, currently our main focus is on the track, to open up a new market. 

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:16 am

Hi Peter,

Welcome and good luck for your future sales. My car certainly is met with plenty of smiles from the many Chinese residents and tourist in Auckland, New Zealand. There was talk of a race series in China. We would love you to share any news of this as it happens.

Monza

Post by Monza » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:34 am

take care Arielchina, you have a serious local competitor here :

http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,9598.0.html

;D
Last edited by Monza on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Cool!  welcome.  Is it true that you already have 200 orders on a waiting list? I think I read that somewhere.  Any pictures of your first cars or the factory where they are made?
Last edited by bolus on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arielchina

Post by arielchina » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:52 pm

[quote="Monza"]
take care Arielchina, you have a lserious ocal competitor here :

http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,9598.0.html

;D
[/quote]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Monza,
Thank you for your info, for us here in China, even for France; a competitor is not a bad thing. People have some choices to choose from and to do certain comparison with each other, even though it is a Atom Clone, I believe people will still look into the details, engineering, performance and other matters. A car is easy to build, but a high quality car is way much harder and to maintain. It is very hard to beat the name of Ariel. Monza, I really appreciate for your concern about our company
Good for them!

arielchina

Post by arielchina » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:44 am

[quote="bolus"]
Cool!  welcome.  Is it true that you already have 200 orders on a waiting list? I think I read that somewhere.  Any pictures of your first cars or the factory where they are made?
[/quote]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Bolus,
Yes, it is true at beginning, but occasionally there are few bad apples among us and do mix up this deal. Right now we are still in discussion. Currently we are building a brand new R&D center and two-storey workshop which total of 65000 square feet. We are planning put these sites into service by the end of August. If you guys ever come to China, I welcome you all come here for a visit and drinking some Tsingtao Beer.
By the way do you know Tsingtao beer was brewed here local in Qingdao? I can take you guys to the processing line of this old and world famous brewing factory, and while tasting some different kinds of beers next to it.
Bolus, I was trying to post some pictures, but the file is quite rather large. The website it only allowed 128 KB. If you donâ??t mind, I have sent it to your E-Mail.
Thanks.

arielchina

Post by arielchina » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:12 am

[quote="wisp"]
Hi Peter,

Welcome and good luck for your future sales. My car certainly is met with plenty of smiles from the many Chinese residents and tourist in Auckland, New Zealand. There was talk of a race series in China. We would love you to share any news of this as it happens.
[/quote]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi wisp,
Thank you for your kind wishes. We went to few circuits and some exhibitions, and it also has caused such a positive stir to these regions. A possibly Ariel race is in the talking, we truly wish it could happen.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 am

Atom clone? Uh oh... I can see them now at Harbor Freight.. :laugh:

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 am

[quote="arielchina"]
[quote="bolus"]

Hi Bolus,
Yes, it is true at beginning, but occasionally there are few bad apples among us and do mix up this deal. Right now we are still in discussion. Currently we are building a brand new R&D center and two-storey workshop which total of 65000 square feet. We are planning put these sites into service by the end of August. If you guys ever come to China, I welcome you all come here for a visit and drinking some Tsingtao Beer.
By the way do you know Tsingtao beer was brewed here local in Qingdao? I can take you guys to the processing line of this old and world famous brewing factory, and while tasting some different kinds of beers next to it.
Bolus, I was trying to post some pictures, but the file is quite rather large. The website it only allowed 128 KB. If you donâ??t mind, I have sent it to your E-Mail.
Thanks.

[/quote]

Cool.  email to eric.murray@gmail.com and I'll get them posted here

discom

Post by discom » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 am

[quote="bolus"]
is this china or Singapore? 
http://www.singpao.com/NewsArticle.aspx ... 38&Lang=tc

whats up with $780,000 price tag?  If that is singapore dollars it is still half a million USD
[/quote]

Not Singapore. Singapore is selling a fully specced AA3 for SGD160k which works out to USD110K or GBP67K. And it is only for track use.

I think that the 780K is in Chinese Yuan which would work out to USD114k or GBP70K.

Still a big profit margin for both the Singapore and China distributors.

I bought over my AA3 from someone that ordered a few years ago but could not follow through. Will be bringing it into Singapore soon :)

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:17 am

Pics!!

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 am

Hi all, not meaning to put a dampener on an exciting new venture, but is there a possibility or indeed a plan to move UK manufacturing to China with ensuing price reductions and reduction in resale values?

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:34 pm

I'm raising the BS flag on this.
Are you kidding me?
That multi story building looks to be about 320k sq.ft.
To build Atoms? I don't see anyone investing the money to build Atoms starting out with a new multi million dollar structure,equipping the shop with all the necessary tooling,and then hiring the help to manufacture the product.
The Atom pics show a few assembled Atoms with nothing more than a change of tires in the background,an empty tool cart,and an engine hoist hanging over an Atom waaaaay over in the corner.

Nope,not buying it.

Note: the angles on the rollbar look terrible!  At least the brammo rollbar looked like it was made for the Atom.
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Well, that's a bit rude to assume the guy is tricking us. why make it up?  perhaps they will be making more that Atoms?  Perhaps they wont be using all that space themselves? 

Oh, there is no way Simon is moving Ariel Production to China.  Do you really think his business model is to mass produce a less expensive made Atom? 

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:43 pm

[quote="arielchina"]
[quote="bolus"]

Hi Bolus,
Thanks.

[/quote]

I have met the mayor of Tsingtao at a function in Las Vegas !  Quite nice beer.

Ben