Atom on BBC1 'Wanted Down Under'

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
daytonatom

Atom on BBC1 'Wanted Down Under'

Post by daytonatom » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 am

Just seen an Atom on the abovementioned TV programme.  Owned by a Kiwi by the name of Peter. Anyone on here?

wisp

Re: Atom on BBC1 'Wanted Down Under'

Post by wisp » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 pm

It would most likely be Ferret (Peter), if the car was in Christchurch.

daytonatom

Post by daytonatom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:30 am

Yes, Christchurch it was. He also had a few other toys by the look of it.

Dawsey7

Post by Dawsey7 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:58 am

Funnily my Wife was at home with our 15 week old girl when she saw this come on and saw the Atom, she hit Record on the Sky + and I got to see it when I got home.

She tells me she recognised sillouette of the Atom when the camera was looking into the garage.

Top girl!  ;D

Dawsey

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 am

In the UK, you can see this on iPlayer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006s5v8

Which episode was it?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

daytonatom

Post by daytonatom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:06 am

I guess it would be the Maguire family one ( I can't view the media here in Ireland).

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Correct - it's at 12' 26"

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:28 pm

[quote="daytonatom"]
Yes, Christchurch it was. He also had a few other toys by the look of it.
[/quote]

Or it could be another Christchurch owner that has a 300 as well as a Noble and some other cars.

Ferret does have 2 atoms and this....
Attachments
P1020006.JPG
P1020006.JPG (113.55 KiB) Viewed 768 times

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:15 am

<rant mode = ON>
Thats one thing I hate about online TV.
Its either region specific access or only available for a limited time.

And another thing - how popular a TV show is here, makes no difference to US/UK "ratings" so we have no say in the continued survival of interesting tv shows. I'll also mention that the US ratings system is archaic and ignores itunes statistics or online viewing numbers.

I'm depriving artists and studios of revenue so I'm told.
Okay, how much did Sony Pictures make last year... $540mil for the last quarter Google tells me.
How much does an actor get per film... $25 Million TomHanks/WillSmith ... $12 Million AngelinaJolie
Hmm how much did I earn last year... not even 1% of that.
How much does a DVD cost to buy? $35?
How much does a movie cost to attend? $15

Oh but whats the penalty for being caught with copies... $100k per offence...

Come on!
The rich get richer and the poor get f**ked over yet again.

Whats next? US government rewarding mismanagement of companies by paying to get them out of the sh1t???
Oh wait...

<rant mode = OFF>

macpdx

Post by macpdx » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:38 am

Dude, don't hold back. Tell us how you realy feel.  ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 am

[quote="apollyon25"]
And another thing - how popular a TV show is here, makes no difference to US/UK "ratings" so we have no say in the continued survival of interesting tv shows. I'll also mention that the US ratings system is archaic and ignores itunes statistics or online viewing numbers.
[/quote]

Not always the case the US tv show Baywatch was effectively saved by its popularity in the UK so cross boarder ratings do matter.

The difference between Tom Hanks / Sony / Angelina Jolie is what they are doing is legal having a copy is not.  Your argument is like saying, he drove at 70 all day and no one took his license I get caught doing 120 for just a few seconds and get banned

Ben

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 am

[quote="benyeats"]
Not always the case the US tv show Baywatch was effectively saved by its popularity in the UK so cross boarder ratings do matter.
The difference between Tom Hanks / Sony / Angelina Jolie is what they are doing is legal having a copy is not.  Your argument is like saying, he drove at 70 all day and no one took his license I get caught doing 120 for just a few seconds and get banned
Ben
[/quote]

Possibly that works USA <--> UK.. but thats about it.
NZ ratings mean nothing...

I wasnt arguing the legality of it. I was stating that the comments "the artists lose, the studios lose..." is a crock of shite. The only loss here is on the part of the punter. Lest face it, the laws are implemented by big business...

What I dispute is that the punishment fits the crime.
E.g I download a movie I missed at the theatre, or one I wasnt going to watch at the theatre anyway...
I've cost the DVD rental company one $8 hireage fee. Whipdeeshit!
So the proposed $100,000 fine is 12500%!!!
Even if you didnt provide the revenue to the theatres at $15 a pop...

To ram my point home, I can walk into a store and shoplift the film... the store loses $35 and I might get a warning or at most a community service sentence... sure as hell not the essentially identical crimes punishment of $100k.

To give you a response to your example... thats like saying that a guy works hard all his life, saves for a deposit, buys his first home, financial crisis hits, banks foreclose on his mortgage, f**ks him over by taking his house, and the CEO of the failed institution asks for and gets a government bailout, a big cheque golden handshake and walks into the next $5mil pa salaried CEO job... All entirely legal... but whos left dealing with the sh1t? Sure as hell not the studios or artists...

Just because its legal doesnt make it right.

APRA (performers rights) took a hairdressing salon here in NZ to court for a similarly large sum in royalties for playing her CDs at work...
Next they'll try to sue owners of properties near concert venues... for listening to the music for free.

These whole types of industries are ****ed.

But you explain to me how I get to watch a show that is not being aired here, may never be aired here, I have no influence in getting here, and simply cannot watch legally???
Your answer is "you dont"...

F*** that. This isnt the 1960s ffs.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:14 am

[quote="apollyon25"]
[quote="benyeats"]
Ben
[/quote]

Possibly that works USA <--> UK.. but thats about it.
NZ ratings mean nothing...

I wasnt arguing the legality of it. I was stating that the comments "the artists lose, the studios lose..." is a crock of shite. The only loss here is on the part of the punter. Lest face it, the laws are implemented by big business...

What I dispute is that the punishment fits the crime.
E.g I download a movie I missed at the theatre, or one I wasnt going to watch at the theatre anyway...
I've cost the DVD rental company one $8 hireage fee. Whipdeeshit!
So the proposed $100,000 fine is 12500%!!!
Even if you didnt provide the revenue to the theatres at $15 a pop...

To ram my point home, I can walk into a store and shoplift the film... the store loses $35 and I might get a warning or at most a community service sentence... sure as hell not the essentially identical crimes punishment of $100k.

To give you a response to your example... thats like saying that a guy works hard all his life, saves for a deposit, buys his first home, financial crisis hits, banks foreclose on his mortgage, f**ks him over by taking his house, and the CEO of the failed institution asks for and gets a government bailout, a big cheque golden handshake and walks into the next $5mil pa salaried CEO job... All entirely legal... but whos left dealing with the sh1t? Sure as hell not the studios or artists...

Just because its legal doesnt make it right.

APRA (performers rights) took a hairdressing salon here in NZ to court for a similarly large sum in royalties for playing her CDs at work...
Next they'll try to sue owners of properties near concert venues... for listening to the music for free.

These whole types of industries are ****ed.

But you explain to me how I get to watch a show that is not being aired here, may never be aired here, I have no influence in getting here, and simply cannot watch legally???
Your answer is "you dont"...

F*** that. This isnt the 1960s ffs.

[/quote]

I may download the odd show myself, however if you know what the fine is and you still do it then it is a risk you have implicitly decided to take. 

BTW has anyone really been done for $100k ?  I thought that was the maximum fine you would get if you were caught running an international DVD pirating ring, surely not for downloading a couple of torrents

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 am

[quote="apollyon25"]
This isnt the 1960s ffs.

[/quote]

Really? I thought it was in New Zealand

(...grabs coat)

Ah well, maybe it's the price you pay for all that nice weather at this time of year! Given the choice between crap US TV and New Zealand, I'll take NZ every time...

wisp

Post by wisp » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:53 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
(...grabs coat)
[/quote]

Leave the beast alone, ya bugger. Poor goat.  :laugh:

OOPS, sorry, lost my latest script specs on a trip home in the Atom.

I don't know about all this piracy stuff because we download nothing that's not legitimate. But it would be nice to have access to footage that is publicising your own country. I want to know what sort of crap they are pushing because the bastards keep coming and yet still moan about the place when they get here.  :laugh: