Pascal's Orange Atom's Sad Demise

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
bolus

Re: Bad Accident: Belgium

Post by bolus » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:52 am

That's pascal's car.  Here is his story. 
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,7438.0.html

rapidos

Re: Pascal's Orange Atom's Sad Demise

Post by rapidos » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:20 am

Thanks to the Alpine Tour, I've got some news from his friend Eddy (220 red). Pascal is much better now.
He can stand up and moon walking will follow in few weeks.  :tu:

John H

Post by John H » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:08 am

Anyone know if there is any crash test data available on Atoms? I know we don't do it here to satisfy our SVA and make the car legal, but surely the americans must be way stricter??????????
Does anyone know if anyone has ever crash tested an atom?
Are there any plans to do so?
If all us owners clubbed together and put in say 1000 quid each....could we organise a crash test??????
I bet it costs loads to do a full NCAP, but we could reduce costs by getting Hedge to drive it.
ANy thoughts???????????????
Obviously the line about Hedge driving is slightly tongue in cheek as I believe you need to be up to around 30mph to do a crash test effectively

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 am

Ask Alec!

John H

Post by John H » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:22 am

[quote="Hedge"]
Ask Alec!
[/quote]
Bad move.................. the forum hasn't got enough bandwidth for the 8 billion page dissertation we would get from him.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:27 am

I hear he gets it up to 35 mph occasionally on a track tho?

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:30 am

[quote="Hedge"]
Ask Alec!
[/quote]

I didn't actually crash into anything hard, that was someone else::)

Edited for accuracy and to save embarrassment.
Last edited by Alec on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:54 am

[quote="Hedge"]
I hear he gets it up to 35 mph occasionally on a track tho?
[/quote]

Hopefully I'll have my new radiator cooling fan fitted by the weekend so I'll be able to follow you around and see how to increase my speed up to the 40 mph I believe you acheived once, going downhill with a strong wind from behind as I recall.  ;D
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

trev0006

Post by trev0006 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:14 am

[quote="John H"]
Anyone know if there is any crash test data available on Atoms? I know we don't do it here to satisfy our SVA and make the car legal, but surely the americans must be way stricter??????????
If all us owners clubbed together and put in say 1000 quid each....could we organise a crash test??????
I bet it costs loads to do a full NCAP, but we could reduce costs by getting Hedge to drive it.
Obviously the line about Hedge driving is slightly tongue in cheek as I believe you need to be up to around 30mph to do a crash test effectively
[/quote]

I tried looking for it with no luck.

John H

Post by John H » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:42 pm

[quote="trev0006"]
[quote="John H"]
[/quote]

I tried looking for it with no luck.
[/quote]
there is none.......I asked the factory. Pascal's car took a pounding but still held together. Best advice is to not crash