Atoms in Luxembourg

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
MonsieurX

Atoms in Luxembourg

Post by MonsieurX » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:32 am

Hi everyone,

Just came back from Crewkerne where i had the immense pleasure of meeting Simon and getting a ride in a 300. IM SOLD!!!

Questions I have:

- Can you register a 300 in Luxembourg?
- Any Atoms in Luxembourg?

Cheers to all!

sp1d3r

Re: Atoms in Luxembourg

Post by sp1d3r » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:48 pm

ask your question at Debusseré....it's a official import for belgium, holland and luxembourg.....

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:56 pm

I know and I saw him on this forum so maybe he will answer without me busting his busy schedule :pop: ;)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 pm

The forum is not a showroom.

You are better off calling Patrick direct.

http://www.debussere.be/

GITS
Hoofdvestiging:
Garage, telecom en navigatie
Bruggesteenweg 131
B-8830 GITS
TEL +32 -(0)51 22 22 21
FAX +32 -(0)51 22 59 07
info@debussere.be

BRUGGE
Verkooppunt:
Telecom en navigatie
Maalsesteenweg 110
B-8310 SINT-KRUIS
TEL +32 -(0)50 36 00 37
FAX +32 -(0)50 37 08 18
info@debussere.be

ROESELARE
Verkooppunt:
Telecom en navigatie
Koning Albert I laan 33
B-8800 ROESELARE
TEL +32 -(0)51 25 33 65
FAX +32 -(0)51 25 33 63
info@debussere.be
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:42 pm

he he I had planed to do so... :)

Just have to determine the options and financing before calling him up...

Thanks for the address and links (if anyone didn't know them)  :pop:

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:43 pm

2 years afte visiting the factory, Im now finally on the last stretch to get the atom! So one more Atom in Luxembourg!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I want to thank Tom at the factory for his help and this great forum to help me find what i wanted and all cool information bits!

Great forum! Great Car, great factory, it's going to be a great 2009!

My BMW Z3 coupe just passed 190000 KMs and i just dont want to sell it! But I did need a new track car or i'll start loosing pieces each lap sooner than later! Also I wont be able to deliver pizzas for the Lotus Elise club anymore which is a pitty!  ;D ;D ;D

On the plus side, I will be tracking again more often which is just what i wanted!

I'll be at Abbeville beginning of the year to get the car in hand and later in Spa (when events happen) or the ring for most sunny weekends!

Hope to see you guys out there!

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 pm

When are you going to Abbeville?  It's a great track and I'm looking for an excuse for another visit. 

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:15 pm

[quote="Mr.Toad"]
When are you going to Abbeville?  It's a great track and I'm looking for an excuse for another visit. 

[/quote]

Indeed it is a fun track!

The Belgian on Track calendar is still pending which is the most likely event I'll go to - I know the organizers and it's usually a fun day with some very talented drivers...

It will most likely be in late March or early April... I'll post the events on the forums' calendar when they are available...

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:19 pm

I'd be keen too - Abbeville is fun...although was there yesterday with some Lotus owners - I took the decision not to take the Atom (good decision) - and it was miserable....too slippy to even play really, and very cold...
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:17 pm

Dave,

give me a shout next time you go, I'd be keen to come along.  I see LoT have a double header at Ecuyers and Abbeville at the end of February. 

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 pm

[quote="Trigger"]
I'd be keen too - Abbeville is fun...although was there yesterday with some Lotus owners - I took the decision not to take the Atom (good decision) - and it was miserable....too slippy to even play really, and very cold...
[/quote]

Couple of years ago we went to the ring for the afternoon - in the week. The ring was closed until 5 when the manufacturers were testing their cars... Nice show... Sunny all afternoon, it was very nice until comes the time when the game open. We buy our 3 tickets and just then, it started raining. I did my 3 rounds as fast as possible and only one car passed me! A Volvo 4wd of all things! Grrr.

After our last lap, the rain stopped! Naturally!

The good part is that we had no bikes and we passed the accidents on our way so we never got blocked! But weather is definitely an issue here in Spa, Luxembourg and the ring... It rains all winter, and the rest of the year it rains too! ;D

Is the Ariel really undriveable in the rain?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:50 pm

[quote="MonsieurX"]
Is the Ariel really undriveable in the rain?
[/quote]

Not at all!

Provided you have the right tyres on...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:54 pm

When there's ice tyre type has little effect !! In the rain they are perfectly driveable - just not great fun on the track as far as i am concerned.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Makes you wonder how much fun the Ariel can be in the dirt ;)

Why isn't rain as much fun as dirt? Both have the inconvenience of getting in your eyes or clothes...

And worse, IN the car, where the Ariel is particularly water-leaking-in friendly! Ok, nothing a hose and towel can't remove...

Nothing appropriate clothing can't prevent...

Other than the weather conditions, why is rain so hard to predict when it comes to motricity or grip or speed?

Tires dont get the temperature... maybe but still, dirt is predicable yet wet pavement is not...

Or is it the need for speed that just makes it all go wrong?

Im not scared in the Z3 Coupe in the rain even with slick back tyres but with the ariel... it's a whole new equation!

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Wed May 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Apparently, there's another Atom in Luxembourg, seen by a friend's friend at the CT.

Small country, high atomic concentration... :)