Hello From Hong Kong

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
kelvin12382003

Hello From Hong Kong

Post by kelvin12382003 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi

I am planning to get an atom from the UK, then ship it back to hong kong :vroom:

what are the must have option? are there photos for the option? cos do not know how they look like!

lastly, who else here is from hong kong?

kelvin

FlyingTrotter

Re: Hello From Hong Kong

Post by FlyingTrotter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:01 am

There is a guy racing one in China Fieldl or some such screen name

Search on this site and you will find huge numbers of pictures showing all the standard and no standard options and plenty of new buyer "what spec" threads

Welcome on board

fieldl

Post by fieldl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Kelvin has been in touch and I've given him some advice, good luck :)

kelvin12382003

Post by kelvin12382003 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]
There is a guy racing one in China Fieldl or some such screen name

Search on this site and you will find huge numbers of pictures showing all the standard and no standard options and plenty of new buyer "what spec" threads

Welcome on board
[/quote]

hi mate

Thanks for the info.

To be honest, I am also thinking of getting BAC Mono. has anybody here had driven the car?

kelvin

fieldl

Post by fieldl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 pm

BAC Mono will definitely need to be on T plates.  Unless you are very well connected you'd never get it registered.
Damn good fun though I suspect ;)

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Stick with the ATOM plan - you can get two people in an Atom so scaring your mates is an option :tu:

Aliraza70

Post by Aliraza70 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:01 am

I got this Atom purely for track use, unlike the UK regulation, it can not be register on the road.????

kelvin12382003

Post by kelvin12382003 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:13 am

Hi mate

Where are u located ?

Kelvin

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:27 pm

I can't believe they test emissions from cold - any engine will perform at its worst when cold - I see the logic but a vast difference when the car is warm.
The K20 is not amazing on emissions from cold but it's far far from being the worst.
Next time I have a K20 in kelvin I'm gonna test it to see what readings I get.
Stew

kelvin12382003

Post by kelvin12382003 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:04 pm

[quote="Atomstew"]
I can't believe they test emissions from cold - any engine will perform at its worst when cold - I see the logic but a vast difference when the car is warm.
The K20 is not amazing on emissions from cold but it's far far from being the worst.
Next time I have a K20 in kelvin I'm gonna test it to see what readings I get.
Stew
[/quote]

Hi mate

I have already done it the figure are way too high compare to the euro 4 standard. mine is a 3.5R

K20A2

Post by K20A2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Kelvin,

provided, that the 3.5R also has the K20Z4 engine from the Atom 3, the engine in general should be able to pass EURO 4, at least it does so in the European Civic Type R, model FN2.
So if the engine does not pass that test in the 3.5R, it should be the result of the different mapping of the ECU due to the different hardware being used in the 3.5R compared to the Civic.(bolt ons: supercharger, different catalyst, different exhaust, different air intake and perhaps even changes in the engine itself etc.)

Just an inspiration and please note, that I am not an expert in what I am writing in the following so if you like to get more information you may want to rely on your own research:

An idea would perhaps be to use a HONDATA FlashPro and create a map for the ECU, that would make the engine and Atom be able to pass the test.
Admittedly that would not be a map you may want to generally drive the Atom with and it would be for test passing purpose only.
So the sequence would be: remap the ECU to pass the test and get registration, but after that map back to the 3.5R adjustments and drive on the streets. This would perhaps not be the most legal solution to be honest, but at least registration box would be ticked. What ever may come after this would probably be written on a different page.

Just for the case you should not know: a remap of the ECU should be done by experts only as otherwise the new map could easily destroy your engine.
I could imagine, that if you talked to companies being experienced in remapping K20 engine ECUs they might be able to tell you even on the phone, whether this might make sence at all or not.

Perhaps Atomstew could also comment on this as he appears to me to be way more an expert.

Regards

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:19 pm

No-where near an expert but a honda technician for 5 years and a love of cars since I could walk (I'm now 37)
I was thinking the same thing - does any ecu support "multiple maps?" Not sure if the hondata does - I've heard some do.
One map specifically for emissions passing purposes and one for general day to day - ideally being able to switch between them by a toggle switch of some sort?
I'll ask a few friends (tuners) and see what I can come up with.
Stew

lemmy01

Post by lemmy01 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm

No need for a dual map and switch.
Plug in laptop save stock map on harddisk and upload the MOT map takes 5 min.
And you must do it all 2 year's once :-)

GTED

Post by GTED » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Is there any handheld device that can store the oem map, and one or more additional maps for our Honda engine for the AA3?  For my other cars, there are tuners out there from whom I can purchase a little handheld to load/reload ecu maps.  If such handheld device/tunes exist, I'd be very interested in getting one.  thx

BTW, Kelvin, unfortunately I had forgotten about this thread...., otherwise, I would have reached out to see if we could connect in HK to checkout your 3.5 and talk cars, as I was there 2 weeks ago..., oh well, next time, as I visit my APAC offices once/twice a year.

GTED

lemmy01

Post by lemmy01 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:36 pm

For KPro you can use a windows Tablet.
The android software could only log and display sensordata so far i know.