Track day in Norway 2012

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
Norway A

Track day in Norway 2012

Post by Norway A » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:44 pm

A long and boring movie from Trondheim racetrack,  O0

Ariel Atom 3 N/A at Lånke Norway / Norge 2012

Toilet Duck

Re: Track day in Norway 2012

Post by Toilet Duck » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Do you have any rules on trackdays out there?!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I couldn't tell if it was a trackday, a drift day, or just do whatever you want to day  ;D  ;D  ;D
Atom 3 300

Norway A

Post by Norway A » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Some rules but not to much, the basic thing is that you are responsible for your car and if you crash your insurance do not cover sh1t, does not mather who`s fault it is. You are out there at your own risk  >:D  But it is great fun :-D

Jerwatt

Post by Jerwatt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Hei Norway A!

Jeg bodd i Norge, og er interessert hva du har gjørt med CO2 value når du registert bilen din?  Jeg kan ikke finne noe CO2 value for en Atom...

I had been wondering about taking a British car here in summer, driving it a few months (1st month ok on British plates, second month drive it a few times on prøveskilt).  Then I would take it back to the UK and sell/ store at a friend's place.

However looks like I can't get insurance with Norwegian companies as the car will not be registered in Norway, and British companies will not do it because I am not registered in the UK!  Do you know if there are ways to insure a car in Norway when it's not registered here?

Since it looks like it is not possible that way then I have started considering buying something like a 160hk car and registering it.  But not sure how to work out the CO2 value...  :-

Sam

Post by Sam » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 pm

[quote="Norway A"]
A long and boring movie from Trondheim racetrack,  O0

Ariel Atom 3 N/A at Lånke Norway / Norge 2012
[/quote]

In true Norwegian style, this track day looks a tad rustic!

Norway A

Post by Norway A » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello Jerwatt

I got my CO2 value from Ariel motors, they should have a technical data sheet available for all the cars they have made. I am just guessing but the taxes you would have to pay could be between 5000£ and 10 000£ for a 160hp car. So the best way would be a uk registered car with insurance, I do not know of any insurance companies that would insure a none citizen. Anyway the CO2 for my car was 212 grams pr something. you can calculate the tax here http://www.toll.no/templates_TAD/RegistrationTax.aspx?id=79&epslanguage=en.

Dragrace at the Arctic Circle Raceway I came in second. Sommetreff 2012 - Dragrace Ariel Atom 3

Jerwatt

Post by Jerwatt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Hei!

Okei, jeg vil prate med Atom i morrå om det.  It looks like the taxes are around 108 000kr with 496kg, 200g guess for CO2 for now and 158hk - total around 280 000kr.

I still have a British passport, just living and permanent job in Norway.  But seems to be the case.  There is maybe one company but it's through a broker so need to make sure they have the details correct when I get the quote.  I think I will have to try and find if there are any companies in Norway who would insurance a car without Norwegian plates then if not registering it.  I know some people don't register the car and use prøveskilt sometimes.  However I also know they got banned from doing it on that car!  Do you have an idea of how many times it could be perhaps?

Takk at du svare!  Godt å veite, :)

Fint å se videon din.  Hvilken bane er dine favourite i Norge? 

Norway A

Post by Norway A » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:31 am

Ariel motors will help you I am sure, remeber the older the car the cheaper taxes :-) "prøveskilt" are getting harder and harder to get, how many times is up to the local "biltilsyn". The best track I have been on in Norway is the Arctic Circle Racetrack up in Mo i Rana, Hitra racetrack is also great for the Atom as it has a lot of nice turns, have not tryed the new Rudskogen yet.