Searching for German Atom 2 245 owners

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
Galil3o

Searching for German Atom 2 245 owners

Post by Galil3o » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Good evening guys,

I am searching for Ariel Atom 2 245 owners in Germany. Anybody here? I am especially interested in people who got their atom registered in Germany by themselves and what you experienced.

Best,
Galil3o

Galil3o

Re: Searching for German Atom 2 245 owners

Post by Galil3o » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Well, having spoken to a rep at the TÜV, I got signaled that if I could provide the papers of an already registered Ariel 2 245 they would consider to give me road certification for my car. So I am calling out to those of you who have such a car and are inclined to help a fellow Ariel Atom owner.

Please help!  ;D

A2TDI

Post by A2TDI » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:43 am

We have discussed the problem some time ago:
http://forum.atomclub.com/https://atomc ... ic.php?t=8

As usual in Germany, you need a lot of paper. But it seems to be possible.

Best regards
Thomas

sgtatom245

Post by sgtatom245 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi

I am in fallingbostel and currently trying to register my new UK registered Atom 3 245, and have been rejected by the licensing organisation, as they say i require proof of type approval e.g C o C, or a German Ubereinstimmungsbescheinigung  ????  ( einzel gutachten) I have no idea what this is, Simon and Steffen are working on a solution for me at the minute,Hopefully will know more in a few days, but i have been told the Ubereinstimmungsbescheinigung is conducted at Hannover, and the only person i know who had this done on a brand new mitsubishi Evo, paid approx 2500 euros fortunatly for him the supplying dealer footed the bill, I dont think this will be the case with Ariel.Unfortunatley for me he no longer lives in Germany so i cant get any more information off him.

Any help or info would be appreciated, also my german is limited to Ein bier Bitte and taxi

Cheers Marc

Rob McPherson

Post by Rob McPherson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi,
  You could try contacting the equivalent of the RAC in Germany (and you should be able to find out their name by contacting the RAC themselves). They should be able to help you with local registration queries, without the pedantry associated with asking the same question of a bureaucrat.

I know all this bcoz, believe it or not,  I tried to export an Atom from the UK to Sri Lanka. The RAC put me in touch with their Sri Lankan counterparts, and all were very helpful (but the costs were ultimately outrageous, so I didn't pursue it any further).

hth

Cheers,
Rob.

dreamscape

Post by dreamscape » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:50 pm

[quote="Galil3o"]
Good evening guys,

I am searching for Ariel Atom 2 245 owners in Germany. Anybody here? I am especially interested in people who got their atom registered in Germany by themselves and what you experienced.

Best,
Galil3o
[/quote]

You got already the papers from Svens Atom 2 245 which i have forwarded to you , so what´s the problem???
AA 2 300, GT3 Mk1, Mercedes A 190

A2TDI

Post by A2TDI » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:31 pm

COC (Certificate of Conformity) and EWG Übereinstimmungsbescheinigung is the same paper.
You can't get it for an Atom, because the Atom doesn't meet the conditions of the EWG registration. (pedestrian protection, crash tests etc.)

I think the Atom could be registered by the german "Einzelzulassung". It's for single cars and cars with very few produced units a year.

regards
Thomas

Galil3o

Post by Galil3o » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:35 pm

[quote="dreamscape"]
[quote="Galil3o"]
Good evening guys,

Best,
Galil3o
[/quote]

You got already the papers from Svens Atom 2 245 which i have forwarded to you , so what´s the problem???
[/quote]

Hi Dreamscape,

I posted the question before I got your scans. Thanks again btw. Problem? Well, no problem but some... hindrances :) I decided to get the car registered by myself without any "professional" help. Up until now I already jumped through several hoops and just wanted to know what users here experienced when they got their car registered.

Cheers,
Alexander