Respect to TMI

dramsey68

Respect to TMI

Post by dramsey68 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:59 pm

My 2023 Nomad with ~3,500 miles started to make a clicking/grumbling noise from my left rear when making left turns. It was not noticeable when going straight or changing lanes. Turns out when the motor is off and the left rear jacked up, you could hear the clicking when spinning the wheel.

After submitting a request for technical support and providing audio of the clicking sound, within 1 week I received the left axle assembly which includes both CV joints and a return shipping label at no cost.

I know TMI has received criticism in this forum and I too had frustration with my perception of not receiving accurate information regarding new Nomad builds. However, in their servicing of an existing owner, they took great care of me with no hassles whatsoever. Hopefully, they will share with me what went wrong/failed in the original axle assembly.

Thank you TMI & Jesse for the great service!

dramsey68

Re: Respect to TMI

Post by dramsey68 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:51 am

Update!

Auto Assets in Powell, Oh (NW Columbus) replaced my axle assembly and there's no more clicking/grumbling from the left rear of my Nomad. It feels so great when your baby is fixed! Thank you TMI for your rapid response to my mechanical issue, and thank you, Auto Assets for your high level of service and expertise! Can't recommend anyone else if you're in the central Ohio area.

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:52 am

Glad to hear it. I wish them no ill will, I just want them to be responsive. More and more stories recently about them doing the right thing recently.

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:35 pm

Ruh, ro!

Now that the left side has been satisfactorily dealt with, I'm now hearing noise from the right side 😑. I let them know and will keep this group updated.

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:09 pm

Update

The axle manufacturer determined my axles are part of a batch of axles that had the incorrect axle length. They're shipping me the RH axle assembly today, at no cost.

This took a lot longer than I would have wanted but they needed to investigate the cause and make sure they're not sending me another bad one. Of course the holidays really slowed things down, but I can handle first world problems.

I know TMI gets dragged a lot on this and other forums, but if you own one, they take great care of you.

Thank you, Jesse and Zach at TMI!