Nomads for sale

Jerry

Nomads for sale

Post by Jerry » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:12 pm

Just can't believe how many Nomads are for sale and at some very high prices too.

Obviously, this must be due to the rumoured Nomad 2 being released. I am guessing there is some inside knowledge on this within the Forum?

BTW, curious what happened to Atom 3 prices when the Atom 4 was launched?

phil4

Re: Nomads for sale

Post by phil4 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Mine? It's high priced because it's well spec'd and low mileage.

Nomad 2, nothing to do with it for me personally. I have no knowledge of when it'll happen. I've no order in for one either.

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Phil, I was thinking of those on Pistonheads and Autotrader, not yours in particular (the green one at 76k and 2015). Having said that, I have just looked and the high price cars have either been sold or removed. I imagine yours is priced right, good luck with your sale.

Just makes me feel itchy, with all these cars for sale.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Thanks Jerry, and I for one don't get the old/low spec ones trying to sell for lots and lots of money.

You asked about what happened with Atoms, when the 4 came along... I sold my 3.5 to get the Nomad, and Ariel sold it for pretty much what I paid. So I doubt very much that even if they announce the Nomad 2 tomorrow, that yours would be worthless.

Firstly I'd expect the Nomad 2 to cost more, and I'd also expect a good long delay before the first customer car is built, and even longer with the waiting list. And even then, a good car will still fetch good money. Your car doesn't stop being good just because the new model comes out.

NuttyNat

Post by NuttyNat » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:15 am

Speaking at Goodwood to Ariel about Nomad 2 they confirmed similar to what Phil said that when the Atom 4 launched it didn't impact 3.5 since the demand outstripped supply but instead created interest.
I do have a deposit of Nomad 2 as was looking at adding SC and man maths said it made sense...... now man maths says maybe I should also do SC as Nomad 2 maybe year or more away :-)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:34 am

[mention]NuttyNat[/mention] If you want a Nomad sooner, then I'd pick one up now (you're welcome to try negging on mine which is for sale), as I suspect you'll be a couple of years away from a Nomad2, and the good news is if you get one now, it'll lose you very little when you sell for the Nomad2.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:22 am

Hmm, I suspect you didn't mean negging Phil - it's a word, but a little out of context here ;D

Guessing you meant haggling?

Don't you just love spelling correction?
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

phil4

Post by phil4 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:42 am

Hi John, negotiating, or yes haggling where my intention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NuttyNat

Post by NuttyNat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:48 pm

@phil4 Even though I enjoy a good bit of negging :-) I already have a Nomad and was considering adding SC (as ticked all the boxes to be able to when I purchased) and instead put down deposit on Nomad 2 (but now thinking may SC any way :-)).

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:23 pm

"A rare opportunity to snap up the only Supercharged Ariel Nomad 300 currently for sale and beat the three year waiting list!"

??

https://sevensandclassics.com/showroom/ ... ercharged/

phil4

Post by phil4 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:25 pm

As someone with one for sale, I can easily say that’s a complete lie.

Salepeople lying… I think that’s usually a given. No offence intended. Example above.

Antong

Post by Antong » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 am

I never know if these sell in winter, best wrapped up till spring??

It's missing the essential item though - the hydraulic handbrake makes these in my opinion..
Nothing stickier than a tree

Mudrecon

Post by Mudrecon » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:54 am

[mention]phil4[/mention]

As it’s the best time of year to buy a car with no roof or doors I’m looking for a Nomad right now. Could you send me a spec / photo and price please.

Antong

Post by Antong » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:58 am

@mudrecon IT's absolutely the best time to buy - snow make come and that's truly fun and terrifying. What are you looking for/budget?

Funnily enough, I got an email from collecting cars asking if I was thinking about selling mine last week - my response was isn't it a silly time to sell being cold and/or wet!
Nothing stickier than a tree

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:15 am

Mudrecon wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:54 am @phil4

As it’s the best time of year to buy a car with no roof or doors I’m looking for a Nomad right now. Could you send me a spec / photo and price please.
No probs, email on it's way.