Installing tunes in a Nomad

tattoosNcheese

Installing tunes in a Nomad

Post by tattoosNcheese » Mon May 17, 2021 12:26 am

Hey guys,
New to the group. Just put down deposit on SC Nomad Tactical build, so have a year before I will receive from TMI. One of the mods I know I will want to do is to install some music somehow. I was thinking probably all marine grade, bluetooth controller, and possibly some tube speakers like they use on wakeboard towers since they are meant to attach to tubing. I primarily want it so I can listen to music or audiobooks on longer drives on the road (not when ripping about).
Has anyone tackled this type of project and made it work? Or have you just normally used wireless bluetooth earbuds?

nfcf

Re: Installing tunes in a Nomad

Post by nfcf » Mon May 17, 2021 6:33 am

The wind noise at speed (above about 50mph) is loud enough that I'd recommend using hearing protection on any longer drives at which point you might as well use noise cancelling headphones. Can't recommend any NC headphones though as the only set I ever tried didn't work well for me (Sony Wf-1000xm3).

The alternative is to install a intercom which allows for music viewtopic.php?f=54&t=17116

StephenCM

Post by StephenCM » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:23 pm

I tried a large JBL speaker which was useless above 50mph. In the end I went down the set-up I used on Motorbikes. Autocom controller, installed into Peltor Headsets (the Autocom factory did this) with Boom mikes. I also used custom fitted earplugs (Snuggs) which gave an excellent sound. This gave Satnav, Phone, Passenger driver comms and sound. Worked well on may long trips.

reg

Post by reg » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Bose QC20, they are very good.

Antong

Post by Antong » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:36 pm

I have bluetooth intercom with noise-cancelling in my nomad and it's excellent. 100 mph I can hear my tunes or talk to the passenger.

I think it's the Stilo one from memory.
Nothing stickier than a tree

pdavery

Post by pdavery » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:27 pm

I use Apple AirPod pros , they work well for noise cancellation and listening to music, but you can’t really make phone calls above 50mph as the mic does not work well in the wind.