Nomad Intercomms

Valey80

Nomad Intercomms

Post by Valey80 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi folks
I've seen a lot of chat on the forum about intercoms for the Atom owners who wear a helmet - but I don't intend on wearing a helmet all the time when my R arrives.
I would like a comms kit though and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?
I was looking for the noise cancelling ear defender type and have seen the Stilo Trophy kit at Demon Tweeks together with the amplifier:

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/stilo-t ... sload0110/

Any thoughts? Any alternatives?
Thanks!

phil4

Re: Nomad Intercomms

Post by phil4 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:55 pm

That's the sort of stuff that you can get for the boring normal Nomad.

Usually that's the DG10:
https://www.nickygrist.com/stilo-dg-10-digital-intercom

Which by the time you've bought headphones is circa £900.

Two downsides with the DG10: Not waterproof, and the wrongway around/upside down as designed for a LHD car.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:54 pm

I've got the Stilo DG10 plus a pair of NC headphones fitted to my Atom.

It's mounted on an aluminium plate just aft of the gear stick using velcro - I keep a ziplock bag wedged under the mounting plate and if it rains I simply pull the control head off and stick it in the ziplock bag !

Yes they are designed for a LHD car but I simply use the co-driver output for my RHD car which works well.
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

nfcf

Post by nfcf » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:31 pm

phil4 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:55 pm Two downsides with the DG10: Not waterproof, and the wrongway around/upside down as designed for a LHD car.
Yup DG10 is the way forward IMO. Have a look at this thread for more information/peoples views on it. I've made mine waterproof (details in the thread) and although you loose access to the buttons I haven't found it to be a problem as once the volume is set I've not needed to change it (and I don't want to answer the phone). Since I made my box I've left it on the car whilst we hooned around salisbury plans and it still works fine.

Only comment I'd add that I never put in that thread is the autotel in ear headset I use has issues with feedback if you and the passenger are both using them (fine if the passengery is using the big stilo headset). Usuable if you get the settings right but it was a PITA to troubleshoot what was wrong and find a setting that worked.