Water water everywhere

fesuvious

Water water everywhere

Post by fesuvious » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:52 pm

So, 140miles in.
Rear tyre blocks are chaffed.

And today I hit the local ford. Too fast.

Has anyone else had the air filter so wet you can squeeze the water out? She's been coughing.....and spluttering.

Oil is clean....I've checked

Runs fine now she has dried out. Driver and passenger literally couldn't have been wetter if we had jumped in a swimming pool. The tub, was full, actually full of water. Passenger - 5 years old - says more fun than a roller coaster.

I agree

I'm seeking reassurance that others have done this.......

Karl V

Re: Water water everywhere

Post by Karl V » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:07 pm

I've had a bow wave or two almost reach the top of the windscreen.

I panicked and called the factory. The advice was:
  • Take the air filter off to allow it (and the throttle body) to dry out completely
  • Put the dehumidifier on in the mancave to get to all those bits you can't see
It was actually because of muddy puddles getting up under the car that I added the fusebox cover.

Oh, and I wouldn't be without my bike/pet dryer now! Great little tool for getting moisture out of those hard to reach areas.

I've not heard of any specific problems after getting a proper soaking (except for maybe the Dash unit), but electronics and of course air intake will be the more susceptible areas I reckon.

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 pm

You're like a nomad owners human Swiss army knife buddy.

Cheers Karl.
Fusebox drying out as I type this.

I scrapped an old Volvo V70 earlier but not before stripping the rear load cover material. It's waterproof.....

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Forgot to say... my bow wave was a concoction of weakly diluted horse pish and festering kak.

Now that was a very different problem to recover from, right [mention]Trigger[/mention]?

Hope you at least had clean(ish) water [mention]fesuvious[/mention] :tu:

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Yeah Karl - the bloody car stank for days ! Cleaned twice and finally got it not to completely stink of horses !

I think between Karl and me we have had our fair share of dunks - but so far nothing damaged. My air intake is still low but hoping to sort snorkel at service this summer.

I use a dryer to get to the nooks and crannies but also wash with a Karcher under body spray attachment - useless gimmick for normal cars so never used it......until the Nomad !!

T

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:55 pm

Like this vesuvious?

[Imgur](

And where's the air filter? (Just kidding.) This was on Boxing Day, so I have to say we were more worried about our trousers freezing in situ than the air filter. So we picked a pub 40 minutes away and tried a bit of air drying. Did get some funny looks at the bar though. . .

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Great video.

Alas no. I wish it had only been that.
When I say we were sat in the water I do actually mean like in a half full bath!

To do that in December. You're f&ck!ng certifiable!