Prospective Buyer Help Please

madcal

Prospective Buyer Help Please

Post by madcal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:37 pm

All,

I am just about to put my deposit down but have never sat in a Nomad and want to check I fit and am comfortable before committing.

I live in Ipswich so a very long way from the factory.

Is there anyone with a Nomad within a 30 minute drive of here who would take me out in their’s? I won’t ask you to drive it just to make sure I am comfy (I have a metal hip and certain positions hurt a lot, others don’t with no rhyme nor reason).

I will bring along something interesting and return the favour re: a passenger ride...

Many thanks in advance.

Hedge

Re: Prospective Buyer Help Please

Post by Hedge » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:06 pm

Not a bad idea, in theory, to see if you fit. I didn't at all, in mine (I wallowed about).

But.....I THINK (don't quote me on this) you've 3 options re seats, now. Standard (what I had), Tillets (expensive but nice) or the ones from the Atom 4. Between them you should find something to suit, I'd have thought. As ever, it depends on weight "dimensions" (more so than height, obviously).

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Whack the deposit in, you'll find a seat that fits.

Cheers,
Hedge

madcal

Post by madcal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Well that is what I was going to do. But then I thought for a sake of a couple of weeks to find someone (or when a hotel next to the factory opens) I may as well wait until I have tried one.

I will of course wear a motorbike helmet the whole time #socialdistancing!

Henry @ Ariel told me the new ones all come with Atom 4 seats.

3 years is a long wait! And if you look at my prior posts here I was going to push the button 2 years ago, but then had to go work in NY for a while so didn’t go ahead. Will be 5 years from first deciding I needed one to actually getting it.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:25 pm

They come up occasionally for sale, second hand. Might be a lot less painful than a 3 year wait. Too much can change in such a long time, as you yourself know already!..

Cheers,
Hedge

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Also, if you have a seat that is too big you could always use seat foam (Demon Tweeks sell it) to create a mould/insert

Anon

Post by Anon » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:26 pm

I have an Atom 4 and based in Norwich if that helps, you are welcome to come out in mine. Wearing helmets is a good idea to prevent the spread of the virus I suppose. The seats in the Atom 4 are I would say brilliant. Normally I have to buy a seat bag and fill it with that foam stuff to help mould me to it. I don't need to do this with the Atom seats.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:06 pm

And if you like the Atom 4 seats in Simon’s car, you can buy any Nomad 2nd hand get them fitted to your Nomad.

The only other thing to remember is unlike the Atom, the Nomad is a little harder to get in and out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcal

Post by madcal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Many thanks to all.

I will wait a little to see if a local Nomad owner raises their head otherwise I am coming to Norwich in either the Morgan 3-Wheeler or the Vantage V12SM you can choose ;-)

madcal

Post by madcal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:19 pm

Hedge wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:25 pm They come up occasionally for sale, second hand. Might be a lot less painful than a 3 year wait. Too much can change in such a long time, as you yourself know already!..

Cheers,
Hedge
Yes indeed. Next March I will look to buy 2nd hand if I haven’t deposited on a new one.

Not a good time to sell investments to buy toys right now :-(

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 am

id drive all the way to Norwich for a ride in a 3 wheeler. If only I had a Nomad

madcal

Post by madcal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:00 pm

9E4BB752-3F7F-43F5-BF61-DC6EA78D1EF3.jpeg
9E4BB752-3F7F-43F5-BF61-DC6EA78D1EF3.jpeg (345.58 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Stage 2 engine upgrade.

Very different from a Nomad (very different from everything).

Hooligan fun levels at 30 mph and lots of love on the road.

Nomad will make a nice bedfellow for it!

Anon

Post by Anon » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:21 pm

Very nice! I'm more interested in the Vantage having never been in one.

madcal

Post by madcal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:38 pm

A9FF2B35-5CF2-4CBB-AEF9-DECC443437D5.jpeg
A9FF2B35-5CF2-4CBB-AEF9-DECC443437D5.jpeg (544.59 KiB) Viewed 447 times
Will be in touch!

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Lovely

This week be my last Atom I'm sure, next is a 3 wheeler.

A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:33 pm

AlanP wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 pm Lovely

This week be my last Atom I'm sure, next is a 3 wheeler.

A
Bring your Atom round my way Alan. The kids will have one of the wheels off in 3 minutes flat.

No charge ;-)