Finally, Nomad bought!

fesuvious

Finally, Nomad bought!

Post by fesuvious » Sat May 30, 2020 6:44 am

So, yesterday I ring the Ariel factory to make enquiries on upgrading a non-supercharged Nomad.....I had ten mins spare in my office.

The conversation leads on, with Henry mentioning a Nomad that is coming in.

Now, knowing full well that SWMBO earmarked the funds from the sale of my hellcat for home renovation, the only sensible course of action was to buy the Nomad.

So, quick email exchange during the call and a deal has been struck.

AN04 MAD.

I'm hoping that my logic of presumed greater reassurance by buying through Ariel will pay off. After all, with the reputation I can't imagine they'll wish to send out a car with any issues.

So, a journey awaits, both by miles and mods.

Does anybody here know the vehicle, and if they do might they share details of any mods or photos.

Henry only had one grainy picture, as Ariel haven't got the vehicle in yet.

I've asked Ariel to fit the supercharger and whip

I can't wait to get stuck in, and the contents of his forum are an inspiration.
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG (174.77 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

phil4

Re: Finally, Nomad bought!

Post by phil4 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:16 am

That looks awesome!

You might want to enquire about whether it comes with the plate, and if not whether you can buy the plate.

Anon

Post by Anon » Sat May 30, 2020 9:13 am

Love it! complete black stealth, best colour imo! congrats. Plate looks mega too.

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Sat May 30, 2020 9:48 am

Looks like a good option, if you need a complete car this year. :)

I know Henry has the parts for mine, but I believe it's yet to be started - COVID19 has caused a huge delay. Bugger.

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Sat May 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Indeed, the plate stays on.

I'm just one of those peeps that cannot be bothered to wait for a new one. It's lovely having a new one ''all yours'. I did it with an Evora.

Right now though, I want a Nomad.
Henry assures it will be good. And they are happy to whack-on the charger immediately.

Already planning the mods.
Current owner has an Atom too

Of a the advertised ones I have deliberately been happy to buy with some proper miles (@5000) under the wheels. Too little use isn't a good thing. Id prefer any early faults have been found.

That could however be the deep, raw scarring from that evora400 I bought though......

nfcf

Post by nfcf » Sun May 31, 2020 8:07 am

That's quite the change in car. I used to frequently see a hellcat on my way to work and they look and sound awesome.
fesuvious wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:48 pm Of a the advertised ones I have deliberately been happy to buy with some proper miles (@5000) under the wheels. Too little use isn't a good thing. Id prefer any early faults have been found.
That's barely run in :tu:

It's got the new seats (which are much nicer IMO) so can't be much over a year old.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sun May 31, 2020 9:59 am

5,000 miles is about right to add a SC too in my opinion - get the engine settled in first, then go for it...

Looking forward to seeing you and the car out and about [mention]fesuvious[/mention].

Maybe we're getting a bit closer to arranging another Salisbury Plain adventure - what do you think [mention]nfcf[/mention]?

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Sun May 31, 2020 11:15 am

I just changed the driver seat to the latest Atom 4 seat - such a difference - way better support - but it is tighter to get in and out of !!! Also changed to Schroter harness - all shiny and ready to go....just need somewhere to go....

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Sun May 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Thanks all
It is quite a change, I agree.

Adventures out I'm looking forward to.

Having just fitted CB radio to my motorhome and race van for use when we're in convoy, and knowing a lot off Greenlaners use CB (from my days greenlaning..) I'm wondering if the nomad should have CB?

nfcf

Post by nfcf » Sun May 31, 2020 4:26 pm

Karl V wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:59 am Maybe we're getting a bit closer to arranging another Salisbury Plain adventure - what do you think @nfcf?
Maybe slightly closer to the Midlands next time? 2hrs each way for 3hrs off roading was a bit much. I might see if I can plan a route down on lanes which would help. Reduced the mileage on the insurance massively this year as I doubt I will get much chance to drive in the current climate. Definitely want to do something similar again though as it's great seeing a line of Nomads off road.
fesuvious wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:01 pm Thanks all
It is quite a change, I agree.

Adventures out I'm looking forward to.

Having just fitted CB radio to my motorhome and race van for use when we're in convoy, and knowing a lot off Greenlaners use CB (from my days greenlaning..) I'm wondering if the nomad should have CB?
Might be useful if you have an intercom that supports it otherwise you might find it to loud to hear.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:49 pm

Well there's a nice mountpoint on the top spotlights for an aerial (in the middle), so why not?

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sun May 31, 2020 7:16 pm

nfcf wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:26 pm Maybe slightly closer to the Midlands next time? 2hrs each way for 3hrs off roading was a bit much.
I hear ya! Salisbury Plain is 1hr 30 for me - on empty roads. Took me an hour on top of that to get home crawling round the M25 on a Sunday afternoon :-(

I definitely wouldn't want to do that every day.

nfcf

Post by nfcf » Sun May 31, 2020 8:31 pm

Karl V wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:16 pm I hear ya! Salisbury Plain is 1hr 30 for me - on empty roads. Took me an hour on top of that to get home crawling round the M25 on a Sunday afternoon :-(
Yeah that isn't great especially given it was quite a warm day. It is not much fun sat in stationary traffic slowly cooking.

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:56 am

Morning,

I would love to do Salisbury. Despite greenlaning all over the place during the noughties, I never did Salisbury.

Heat - wondering if extracting heat from the footwells out to the side using a very light and small 0.5amp (ISH) PC fan might be useful?
But then I've no experience of it yet. I only know what I have read here.

nfcf

Post by nfcf » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:16 pm

I haven't found the heat to be a issue in the UK outside of stand still traffic. You'll occasionally the a waft of heat as the fan kicks in but that isn't too bad. The main issue for me is you can't get out of the sun and if you are stationary on a calm day it can feel like the sun is cooking you.