Finally, Nomad bought!

fesuvious

Re: Finally, Nomad bought!

Post by fesuvious » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Wondering about tinted and/or heat reflective tint on removable acrylic roof panels....

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:06 pm

fesuvious wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 pm Wondering about tinted and/or heat reflective tint on removable acrylic roof panels....
I dunno. My material roof takes a bit of a pounding with the air flow (which is why I also added velcro strips on the bars - just to tie it down a bit).

I'm guessing that some form of acrylic panels would need to be cable tied in - or possibly some large rubber backed P clips - and this will only be around the edges. I wonder how much flexing you would get at speed. The side panels have 4 anchor points in the corners plus 2 about 1/2 way along to make sure they are rigid.

Worth an experiment I would say, but if it is not 100% opaque (as opposed to just 'tinted'), you'd have created a greenhouse ;-)

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:22 am

Hiya Karl.
Notwithstanding the fitment issues; I was considering the heat reflective shizzle fitted to posh office windows & conservatory roofs.

On the roof side off things. I am very very keen to emulate what you have done. I haven't got the Nomad yet but your roof is definitely a target over next few months.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 am

Make sure you’ve tried getting in and out first. It’s not easy to start with, adding a roof limits your options a little further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:56 am

Well,
No longer purchasing this particular Nomad.

Now trying to purchase a different one.

Long story

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:21 am

What happened?

There's a few on sale on piston heads at the moment and a couple with private sellers here and there. There seem to be more on the market at the moment than I ever recall seeing.
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:59 am

Indeed.
The car I was scheduled to purchase it turns out needs more work by Ariel than they anticipated.

I made comment to a chap yesterday that my personal opinion is that the years of 'zero depreciation' are about to turn. I suspect despite the wait list second hand supply may be matching and quite possibly exceeding second hand demand for the first time.

Ally that to the natural 'bored now' that many owners are coming into time for and I suspect any person buying now (me) will absolutely experience depreciation.

Whatever way you cut it, priorities are changing broadly. There is more uncertainty and earnings amongst those who can afford such toys are either lowering or becoming precarious.

I can't recall a time where it's easy to find six Nomads for sale. Yet today, you can.

Worth thinking about

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:05 pm

It would appear I have a gentleman's agreement with GavinP on his car.

Antong

Post by Antong » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this car as it appears to have resurfaced.

I spoke to Tom at Ariel last week, and he sent me the very same picture as earlier in this thread. Can anyone (fesuvious) PM me a little more detail?
Nothing stickier than a tree

fesuvious

Post by fesuvious » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:02 am

Car will be sound.

Ariel had to do quite a bit of work as previous owner hadn't stayed on top of it.

When I was looking I settled on this one as a deal could be done Inc supercharging for @£3k less than the other Nomad I was considering.

Then when Ariel found it needed much new powder coating etc I was disappointed.

Went to other Nomad owner and said, lets deal properly. He came down to match the price. However that meant immediate car, no wait (I'm not very patient).

The trade off between the two;
Mine is 2016. That's 2018.
Mine has Ohlins, that's on Bils
Mine has older seats (which I prefer). That has At4 seats.

I'd be more than happy to buy that one off Ariel.

Antong

Post by Antong » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 am

Thank you very much for a concise and useful answer. I shall continue to be excited :)
Nothing stickier than a tree