Fitting brake bias control

RigidCollosion

Fitting brake bias control

Post by RigidCollosion » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:49 am

Hi,
Anyone have any experience fitting a Tilton brake bias control adjuster to a Nomad?
I'd be interested in the factory fit, where the cable is routed, whether it needs a 90 degree adjuster elbow and how the adjuster wheel is fitted (e.g. does it have a rear plate, a front plate or both?)

As ever pictures and experience are most welcome.

Kind regards,

Spencer

phil4

Re: Fitting brake bias control

Post by phil4 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:37 am

As with the whips, mine was fitted at factory. It's been done the same as the Atom I had previously. ie, Dial mounted directly to the dash space, cables comes out, and just "floats" off to the right, and into the brake balance device at right angles. It looks on the Nomad like they tie it to the main wiring bundle as it passes that.

Pics then. first the Nomad dash, you can see where the dial goes:
IMG_2696.jpg
IMG_2696.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 211 times
Next, in the Nomad again, you can see the thick black cable closest to you ( in front of the grey "Made in USA" tube. You can see it then run behind the dash, clip to the main wire-loom bundle and go off to the right of the brakes.
IMG_3522.jpg
IMG_3522.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 211 times
Finally, on the Atom, it's the thick black cable top right, which you can see goes into the brake cylinders.
IMG_2486.jpg
IMG_2486.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 211 times
I'd take a pic of the how exactly it goes in on the Nomad but that bit is covered over by bodywork, and hard to get to with the panels in the way.

Hope that helps.