Titivating the new Nomad...

Mr G

Titivating the new Nomad...

Post by Mr G » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:03 am

Hello all, I thought I'd share the minor titivating mods that I've done on the new Nomad.

Window Seal: I thought I would try a seal around the windscreen gap to stop water spraying in. I got the old Toolstation book out and found item 85431 (Stormguard Elite Joinery Seal) and gambled £8.98. It easily slotted all around the window in one piece and solved the issue...perfect.
IMG_5007.JPG
IMG_5007.JPG (2.43 MiB) Viewed 1261 times
Clear Wrap: I went to my local Wrap company and bought .5m of quality clear wrap at £40.00 (cash no receipt!, apparently much more expensive than normal wrap). I covered areas of the front bumper and track rods and Ohlins etc to hopefully stop any chips. I also wrapped the get in grab area on the chassis, although, as it is shaped it had to be done in strips. Then wrapped the green area near the handbrake and gear lever etc to stop chips..mainly from the seat belt metal.
IMG_5003.JPG
IMG_5003.JPG (2.04 MiB) Viewed 1261 times
Then I wrapped the area where you put your feet on the seats when getting in or out, to stop wear (as the carbon seats appear to scratch as soon as you look at them!).
IMG_5006.JPG
IMG_5006.JPG (3.12 MiB) Viewed 1261 times
Water Bottle Holder: Finally, a water bottle holder from Halfords and stainless steel nuts and bolts and brackets from my local engineering suppliers.
IMG_5002.JPG
IMG_5002.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1261 times
IMG_4998.JPG
IMG_4998.JPG (2.27 MiB) Viewed 1261 times
I do hope the extra weight of all these won't slow down this road going F1 beast...!

Best
Mr G