Getting in and out

phil4

Getting in and out

Post by phil4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:47 am

Methods tried so far and thoughts:

Each of these is more or less the same in reverse.

1) Try and slide in from the side, feet onto the seat initially and then slide down - Quick, being a bit lardy, tends to put a lot of stress on my shoulders as I try and hang on. Also when it goes not so well can look odd.

2) Swing in to sit on the side rail, feet on the seat, and then slide down - takes a bit longer, looks odd as you sit on the side, and you still have to get out. Less hauling yourself, but equally if you're too tall to duck your head under the top rail... tough.

3) Through the roof. Climb up and pull you feel over to sit on the back, then drop down. Reasonably quick and easy. Same for getting out, stand up and sit then flick over to climb/jump out. If you need to stand on the side of the seat getting in. Only downside is no tape protection on the top rails.

3 So far is my preferred way. None of these would stand a chance if I had a roof on, something to consider.

Karl V

Re: Getting in and out

Post by Karl V » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:28 am

My preferred approach is to streamline my body as much as possible and post myself through the side opening. It helps if the sequins on my suit are pointing upwards.

Haven't managed to get out yet though.

58b86f0086a12.jpg
58b86f0086a12.jpg (38.76 KiB) Viewed 926 times

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Put left foot in, let the top roll bar take your weight as you add your right foot...and then slide in like it's the Duke of Hazzard.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Throw both feet in. Hang on to bars. Lower in. End of.

Cheers,
Hedge

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Hedge is right, can’t believe I just said that ;D

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Have you been hacked [mention]Andrew300[/mention]?