No throttle

77_TYX

No throttle

Post by 77_TYX » Fri May 31, 2019 8:01 am

Car starts fine with no electrical issues. Reversed the car out the garage, rolled down the driveway and then found I've got no throttle whatsoever. Switched on/off...still the same. I didnt have time to give a thorough look over, as had to get to work, but nothing obvious in the pedal assembly.

Only recent change is from standard exhaust to sports exhaust, but it drove back fine from the mechanics, a couple of days ago. Would the exhaust be enough, to throw out a sensor?

Karl V

Re: No throttle

Post by Karl V » Fri May 31, 2019 8:15 am

There is a throttle relay (no fuse that I can see) - could it be something electrical?

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:20 am

Engine still running? but no reaction to throttle pedal?

I doubt that's a sensor in the exhaust... but something to do with the pedal sensor or fuse/relay as Karl says related to that.

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Fri May 31, 2019 8:44 am

Engine running fine. Throttle pedal moves as it should but is not raising revs at all.

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Fri May 31, 2019 12:30 pm

Disconnected the battery, replaced relay R8 (throttle pedal), checked all the fuses and reconnected the battery (after 20mins). Result = no different

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Fri May 31, 2019 12:33 pm

Does the Nomad run a Honda ECU with a standard OBD port, to run a diagnostic check?

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:39 pm

Have you called the factory? I've heard they can be quite helpful with stuff like this.

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Fri May 31, 2019 12:44 pm

:tu: am waiting for a call back from the Service Dept

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Fri May 31, 2019 9:22 pm

On mine it was a broken pedal assembly, bought a new one

neilsss

Post by neilsss » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm

I had this last year and it was the throttle sender calibration failing. Had to send it back to the factory to fix. Apparently they have seen a few of these.

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:27 am

Just to tie off the thread, a new pedal box was required. Paid for Ariel to pick it up and covered low load it to Ariel HQ (£250+ VAT ouch). There's no warranty to speak of but Ariel did cover off the cost of the repair as I had a keyless Atom #4 ignition fitted, rear bash plate and a couple of other bits done...don't know if the repair would have been covered if I hadn't had £2k of other work done.