New Nomad Owner - Basingstoke/Hants

77_TYX

New Nomad Owner - Basingstoke/Hants

Post by 77_TYX » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:17 pm

Afternoon all

Tomorrow I'm going up to Derby to pick up a 17 plate supercharged Nomad from Tom Hartley. My first Ariel.

http://www.tomhartley.com/used/2017/ari ... le-oo03cmt
  • Supercharger System For K24
  • Heavy Duty Clutch Including K20 Flywheel
  • Oil Cooler System
  • Aluminium Radiator
  • Cat Bypass Pipe
  • Exhaust Guard In Black
  • Polished Stainless Steel Manifold And Silencer
  • Alcon 4 Pot Calipers Front & Rear
  • Mechanical Handbrake System For Rear Brakes
  • Hydraulic Handbrake System
  • Ohlins Multi Adjustable Hydraulic Bumpstop Dampers With 2 Piece Springs
  • Quick Release Steering Wheel
  • Side Panels
  • MSA Apporved Fire Extinguisher
  • 18' Wheel Package With All Terrain Tyres
  • Spare Wheel & Tyre
  • Spare Wheel Carrier
  • Stainless Steel Fixings
  • Full Heated Front Windscreen Including Washers & Wipers
  • Locking Fuel Cap
  • Nomad Car Cover
  • Front Winch Bumper
  • Rear Bumper
  • Light Mounting Bar With 4 Daytime Running Lamps
  • LED Whip & Marker Light
  • Carbon fibre Instrument Panel
  • Black Painted Bulkhead
  • Road Pack
Henry @ Ariel was very helpful and said they knew the car and confirmed its history...hopefully others on here can vouch for its 1,900 miles.

I have a history of crazy cars and motorbikes, so am looking forward to my new experience. Having just sold my 750bhp RS6, it'll be completely different. Below is my old mk1 Golf with 2 engines...back in the days when 4secs to 60mph was quick.

I look forward to the drive home and asking you all lots of questions.

Simon

phil4

Re: New Nomad Owner - Basingstoke/Hants

Post by phil4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Checked for water damage? ;)

Enjoy your new motor... it'll be nutty like your other cars, just in a different way.

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:32 pm

is that a Nitrous Express bottle i spy!! O0

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Welcome aboard Simon. There are 4 or 5 Nomad owners not too far from Basingstoke.

And if you feel the urge to mod a Nomad, I'll be all ears ;-)

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 am

HenryJS wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:32 pm is that a Nitrous Express bottle i spy!! O0
tis indeed. 50bhp per engine...so 540bhp in total

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am

So, 350 miles covered already and still smiling like a Cheshire cat. All I could keep saying was, "what a vehicle". Have taken out the immediate group of impatiently queueing friends, who all think I'm mad....but all wanted a go.

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:29 am

Everyone enjoying their Ariels and a bottle of nitrous (in the correct way!) is music to myears. Great to hear your are enjoying it! any thing you need help with - post here or call us at the factory :tu:

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:41 am

I may well drive the Nomad down to the factory and ask for a proper run through the vehicle, if that's okay Henry.

Also need to ask about roof/weatherproof options.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:49 am

Welcome Simon, great news on the purchase!

There are a number of Ariel owners in this area, both atom and nomad. There is a run out on the 7th April so come and say hi, it'll be good to meet up.

The guys at the factory are awesome at emptying your pockets by spending all your money on the things you thought you never wanted or needed! Watch out for Rookie! lol. Great bunch of guys, get down there and I'm sure they'll run you through all you need.

I'm sure I noticed a nomad with it's covers being sold somewhere recently so take a look around here and the facebook page.

Any questions, just ask. Welcome to the club!

And don'f forget to keep the weekend of the 28th-30th June free. It's the annual Midsummer Gas event and an opportunity to meet loads of other likeminded peeps and to give the cars a superb weekend of abuse! You won't regret it...details to follow shortly but there will be some nomad specific stuff there too.

All the best

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:45 pm

77_TYK wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:41 am I may well drive the Nomad down to the factory and ask for a proper run through the vehicle, if that's okay Henry.

Also need to ask about roof/weatherproof options.
please do! Let me know when youd like to come and ill book you in :tu:

someone is selling a fabric cabin cover - i think its on facebook?

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Simon,

Welcome aboard. Like [mention]Karl V[/mention] said, there is a select set of fellow nutters in the region. I am about 20m south of Basingstoke.

Chris

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:07 am

HenryJS wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:45 pm someone is selling a fabric cabin cover - i think its on facebook?
I'm not on facebook...so if you could copy/paste any details it would be very much appreciated.

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:33 am

77_TYK wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:07 am
HenryJS wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:45 pm someone is selling a fabric cabin cover - i think its on facebook?
I'm not on Facebook...so if you could copy/paste any details it would be very much appreciated.
This was posted by Sam Graves 20/02/19 and I am not sure if he has sold it yet. The only way to contact him is via Facebook, so if you are interested, then feel free to pm me your contact details and I can message him your details via Facebook if that helps?

"I am considering selling my two bike racks and black fabric cabin cover for the Nomad (purchased new last August). The bike racks include the modified bracket to fit the nomad. These were on the new car from the factory but I removed them as soon as I got home. The cover has had approx 500 miles of use in great weather except one day when it rained - there is no damage to it. I paid £1320 for the cover and £357.16 per rack. The cover also comes with the matching doors. Feel free to make sensible offers via DM. I am based in Berkshire and you are welcome to inspect."
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Fastlane wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:33 am "I am considering selling my two bike racks and black fabric cabin cover for the Nomad (purchased new last August). The bike racks include the modified bracket to fit the nomad. These were on the new car from the factory but I removed them as soon as I got home. The cover has had approx 500 miles of use in great weather except one day when it rained - there is no damage to it. I paid £1320 for the cover and £357.16 per rack. The cover also comes with the matching doors. Feel free to make sensible offers via DM. I am based in Berkshire and you are welcome to inspect."
PM sent