Nomad skillz

Karl V

Re: Nomad skillz

Post by Karl V » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:24 pm

So I've started experimenting a bit on the wider roundabouts in this part of the world, but you can't beat a large open wedge of tarmac to really learn where it all goes wrong ;-)

The wet skid pan and a bit of off-roading at Mid Summer Gas this year looks interesting... https://www.ariel.club/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17395

Could be quite a giggle!

BTW, where are you based roughly [mention]TBev[/mention]?

[mention]gtm[/mention] - so are you grabbing the car and running? Any idea when you may be in the UK with the motor? It would be a shame to not catch up while you are over here with the Nomad...

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:26 pm

EDIT: I managed to get a bit of sideways action this weekend chasing some 3.5Rs through Oxfordshire.

It wasn't planned sideways action :H:

IanG

Post by IanG » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:46 pm

[mention]Karl V[/mention] at least there where no horses :roflp:

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Not that I saw [mention]irg100[/mention]. My eyes were closed most of the way chasing Atoms and hoping my skillz wouldn't run out.

:o

gtm

Post by gtm » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:13 am

@Karl - I will be in the UK last two weeks of May, putting my 1000 miles on it before running from brexit to potentially losing my residency in Spain due to brexit, but well... An Irish passport should sort that issue out. Happy to do anything legal during that time frame and hope not to loose it on round abouts in the wet.
I intend to go to goodwood 4th July, but not in that car as it will be getting a tan in Barcelona around that time. Maybe Sept I will be back again to UK before taking an overdue trip in it to ireland, where I feel there could be many more Nomad roads - tracks - fields to play in. My uncle has a good few hundred acres so I guess he will be half amused to see what happens and he has tractors if the worst happens to pull a nomad out.

May could be Wales - Scotland - Isle of xxxx not sure, South west coast.... Bath.....
If someone wants to do something around that time.. great. I wont make the april 28th now with delivery delay.

With notice would hope to get back for any skills training, but I guess by sept I will have had some training in something or other... or at least lots of experimenting and hopefully not too much crashing!

gtm

Post by gtm » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:14 am

Karl V wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:26 pm EDIT: I managed to get a bit of sideways action this weekend chasing some 3.5Rs through Oxfordshire.

It wasn't planned sideways action :H:
Scary! Im looking forward to and not at the same time.... hah

TBev

Post by TBev » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 am

@Karl V I am based in North Buckinghamshire south of Milton Keyenes. I found a local field that holds motorsport events and I am trying to get hold of the farmer to see if we could hire it for a nomad session for the day. I think it is about £150.00 for the day which to me sounds like a bargain.

Cheers

gtm

Post by gtm » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Yes that would be cheap and a big field is good, fun etc, but Id also like to know limits on a road...corner really and a field wont sort that itch.
We need a local council to rent us a road for a day...a wide one with curves - hah.

You would think tracks on none track days would set something up in their car parks... some do I think, at the smaller airfields, Ive seen Utube videos.

Oh well, 2 weeks to go until collection!