Nomad 2

Karl V

Nomad 2

Post by Karl V » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Starting to get Atom 4 envy (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17121) but was also thinking... So superchargers are running out of stock and Ariel are heading down the turbo route. How does that impact on the Nomad?

When is a Nomad 2 likely? What would it look like?

I think the Atom 1 to 2 leap was mainly a change from Rover K series to Honda K series engine (and maybe gearbox?). Pretty sure chassis tweaks were only introduced on the Atom 3. But I'm no expert...

Could a change of powerplant set up be enough to trigger a Nomad 2?

If it was, what else would a 2 have?

Obviously, a cup holder and mudflaps are a no brainer, but what about a jack for those with a spare wheel but no way to use it if caught short?

Some LED roofbar lights? A winch on the back? Maybe air suspension that could raise / lower the ride height? Nah, maybe not the adjustable ride height thing. Think of the extra weight of the compressors.

Maybe some strap on skis for the front wheels to turn it into a ski-mobile? Or self-inflating tyres after some dune bashing (again, the weight of those air compressors...)

Maybe a weatherproof glove box would be a nice touch; which reminds me - I must get around to tackling that project!

Late night musing. Nothing serious...

:pop:

GraemeW

Re: Nomad 2

Post by GraemeW » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:41 am

They must be working on it? 2019 or 2020?

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:21 am

They're gonna try stuffing the new engine in there. If they ever find the time, that is. But it's a big old lump, so shall be challenging to say the least.

Cheers,
Hedge

dunny

Post by dunny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi,
In my self appointed role for political correctness i believe the words "Strap on" should not be used in any context.However if Ariel would care to strap on a turbo and the instrument binnacle from the Atom 3 i will place an order for a new Nomad in due course.
In anticipation,
Dunny.

dunny

Post by dunny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Yes ,
I mean Atom 4.