New Nomad Owner - Hants/Sussex/Surrey border

Matt Hegarty

Re: New Nomad Owner - Hants/Sussex/Surrey border

Post by Matt Hegarty » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Definitely up for meeting up in a pub, Thursday evenings are clear for me?
Matt

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:14 pm

[mention]Matt Hegarty[/mention] sorry about the confusion over dates on this thread. When do you pick up the beast?

As [mention]Trigger[/mention] said - it was a blast, but it's been 3 weeks now trying to scrape horse sh1t from places I never knew I had. Hopefully soon, I'll start on cleaning the car ;-) Something a little dryer next time maybe...

A pub meet up sounds fun. I've yet to meet [mention]Hedge[/mention] and maybe [mention]Mutley[/mention] will be about.

I've also so far failed to spur [mention]Sir Nick[/mention] into making a London Dawn Raid a reality (https://www.ariel.club/forum/viewtopic. ... id#p289525).

Could there be a danger of a final outing before we are forced to spend time with in-laws and out-laws at Christmas? A subdued tour of London early one morning before a biker's breakfast at Ace Cafe?

Or are we already SORN [mention]Digger[/mention]?

Loving the new tagging feature on the forum [mention]phil4[/mention]. I think I've got my money's worth in this post alone ;-)

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Karl

I actually unSORNed, or should I say taxed it again last weekend for a friend I hadn’t seen for ages. He was desperate for a ride and it was a fine day so.....

Re Dawn Raid I’m looking into that as part of a number of events for 2019. Info to follow. I’ve missed the dawn raid twice and would like to do it, so will organise it myself if no one else does. Even though I think a Londoner should.

Probably a daft idea but I was toying with another trip/raid into London in the Atom but after dark or before sunrise. Stems from previous trips in a convertible in London. Putting the roof down is not just for sunshine but the lights of a big city have a whole diffferent atmosphere in an open top car at night. Probably missed the boat now? Should have been October. I did think when the Christmas lights were out but it may be too cold then. Late night or before sunrise when there’s less traffic

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:55 am

I'm happy to run a London raid next year [mention]Digger[/mention] [mention]Karl V[/mention]

It would likely be early May as a start date. Would need to avoid clashing with: Rain, London events, trip to Spa or other trips.

If you wanna do a raid in the dark, we could set off at 3am from Heston :fence:

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 pm

I did a London night drive recently. Well I say night... It was about 6pm, but given it gets dark at 4:30 at the moment, girl child was excited to see the city in lights.

The problem with that time of day is traffic. It was more of a crawl being photographed rather than a blast.

From my experiences of hitting London in various Ariel's, early morning is definitely better for emptier roads; but an evening 'cruise' is just as much fun.

Not sure what London would look like early on a dark morning. I suspect that it won't be lit us as much as say 7pm, but the roads would be quieter.

Depends on whether you want to see or been seen ;-)

I'd be available for a Sunday late afternoon trip with about an hour's notice ;-)

t_kelly94

Post by t_kelly94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:48 pm

I'd be up for a meet up and drive around London early morning too! Very new to Ariel ownership so keen to meet a few others.

Matt Hegarty

Post by Matt Hegarty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi [mention]Karl V[/mention]. my Nomad is having a bit of work done and should be ready by the end of the month. I plan on take it for a blast, but prob not off road, in December.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:48 pm

[mention]Trigger[/mention] - I finally got round to taking the wheels off today and giving the brakes / inside wheels / underside of the mudguards a deep clean after our jaunt through the mud a couple of months ago.

The car's about 1/2 a stone lighter now!

Fancy a trip out in the snow if we get any over the next few weeks?

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:40 am

Haha - yes most definitely!

T