Project "steering wheel badge"

A7DUO

Project "steering wheel badge"

Post by A7DUO » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:54 pm

I decided to use a spare wheel centre cap badge and carefully drill the 'dot' and it fitted well.

Ideally 3x black bolts would finish this off a treat.
image.png
image.png (3.49 MiB) Viewed 434 times

Alec

Re: Project "steering wheel badge"

Post by Alec » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:23 am

I just put a Transfer in the centre of my Steering Wheel, which I think I bought from the AAOC many years ago.
I did the same with my Helmet as well.
They were available in various sizes & colours, but Black has always been my favourite, so small subtle Black-on-Black it was.
80AA Steering Wheel with Ariel Logo.jpg
80AA Steering Wheel with Ariel Logo.jpg (134.67 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Roof Helmet with Ariel Logo.jpg
Roof Helmet with Ariel Logo.jpg (116.78 KiB) Viewed 373 times

A7DUO

Post by A7DUO » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:57 pm

That does look good that transfer - I struggled to find anything like that although I did make my own out of white vinyl for the nose (but the smaller the badge got the harder it becomes to get a good hand-cut result. I like the Roof helmets too - and that is a nice finishing tuch on the front of that. Nice work.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:52 pm

I also did the 'black on black' in the centre of my steering wheel.

These transfers in various colours and sizes can be in your hands in a couple of days off the shelf if you give Matt in Ariel parts a call or email him at parts@arielmotor.co.uk!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:01 pm

I wonder if the Screen Stickers are still available, as I have one on each of my other vehicles.
Ariel Logo screen sticker ~1.jpg
Ariel Logo screen sticker ~1.jpg (62.11 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Ariel Logo screen sticker ~2.jpg
Ariel Logo screen sticker ~2.jpg (84.07 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Ariel Logo screen sticker ~3.jpg
Ariel Logo screen sticker ~3.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 306 times

A7DUO

Post by A7DUO » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:40 am

Image . I found a black allen cap for my wheel that works to good effect.

Yes they look good the screen stickers too, I could use some of those. on the nose of my Nomad I've gone home made vinyl until I find something better (still contemplating the 'big A' on the nose panel,but haven't decided yet) Image

I'm hoping the name up front will stop people asking me "what it is" when I stop for petrol (I've had all sorts of small volume sports cars from Lotus, Caterham, a few rare and colourful Porsche models along the way, even my '1959 Isetta and the Mog3 didn't get as many questions - but never has anyone shown more interest in the Nomad - to the point where it gets a bit annoying especially in Covid times. - getting a bit fed up "what is is", "how fast does it go", "how much was it" - I might start handing out a fact sheet instead - in the mean time actively seeking out garages with S-U/L and pay at pump in remote locations - which is a challenge in itself sometimes). Clearly not everyone watches TopGear or missed the episode with the Nomad in it.