SkunkWurx Updates

The area for people to tell the club about goods and services which may be of interest. Be aware that the goods and services offered in this section are not necessarily endorsed by Ariel.Club but will be moderated. Caveat emptor. Only full club members can create posts.
Rocket Man

Re: SkunkWurx Updates

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:05 pm

[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Rocket Man"]

love the design of that front wing, have you any idea on pricing for that one. the end plates look a bit "square " i am assuming they are prototype end plates and they may have a bit more shape to production end plates
[/quote]

Yea they're the initial shape we're just trying. Sometimes its hard to visualize how things look and they look bulky when off the car but when put on the car they start to look a bot more proportionate. I attached one for photos to my old car today:

The end plates are screwed on anyway so they can always be changed.

Cost-wise about £1300-1500.
[/quote]

I will have to have one of those when those end plates are sorted. I think they would look good with more curves on to compliment the end plates on the rear wing, just my opinion

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:18 pm

I got Reverie to remake my front wing endplates with slots to allow the end plates to be rotatable as the angle of attack was changed, so they can always stay level with the bottom edge parallel to the ground.

The standard end plates look odd otherwise ...
Attachments
Endplate_Rotatable (Medium).jpg
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:47 am

[quote="John Scherrer"]
I got Reverie to remake my front wing endplates with slots to allow the end plates to be rotatable as the angle of attack was changed, so they can always stay level with the bottom edge parallel to the ground.

[/quote]

I quite agree with that. I am of the opinion that the end plated always look so much better level with the ground. When they stick up especially the rear ones it just reminds me of a stock cars with their number on them. Well that just me and what do I know

How does the new front wing perform at speed?
Is there excessive vibration/flexing and does it reduce front end ground clearance? as it looks slightly lower than the factory option
Last edited by Rocket Man on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

toms

Post by toms » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:33 am

[quote="Toilet Duck"]

Will the skunkwurx complete carbon light assembly be as "bulbous"  as the factory option? 
[/quote]

I would say so - given that at first glance they look to be exact copies of Ariels work  ::)

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:34 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
Can I add to the feedback?

I also think those endplates are too square !
[/quote]

[quote="RS4 George"]
well done,

i also think the end plates could do with a little remodelling.

the brakes look good also.

g.
[/quote]

I get it I get it! The square end plates are a no go! They're easy enough to change over so will play about witha  few cardboard mockups!
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:40 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
For reference, the US Atom 3S has these Alcon Fully Floating discs ...  :drool:

(Photo is TMIs)
[/quote]

I'm aware of those, I'll post a pic up of our floating design soon, it's different to that. The slots are in the disc and the bobbins attached to the bell so the bell doesn't wear out with the disc so you only have to replace the rotor and not the bell as well.

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:43 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]

[/quote]
I will see how the fixing points on both elements line up to see if this is possible on this wing. You could I suppose have multiple fixing holes but i fear having two sets of holes with multiple fixing positions may make it look like it was riddled with bulletholes...

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:46 pm

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="Toilet Duck"]

Will the skunkwurx complete carbon light assembly be as "bulbous"  as the factory option? 
[/quote]

I would say so - given that at first glance they look to be exact copies of Ariels work  ::)
[/quote]

Oh dear, here we go again. Come on Tom, let's just get this over and done with for once and for all. Just go to my website, open an account, and buy a set of better wings for your car and lets get all this pented up frustration dealt. I promise I'll give you a discount , I really will :hug:

toms

Post by toms » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:15 am

[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="Toilet Duck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear, here we go again. Come on Tom, let's just get this over and done with for once and for all. Just go to my website, open an account, and buy a set of better wings for your car and lets get all this pented up frustration dealt. I promise I'll give you a discount , I really will :hug:
[/quote]

;D  If I needed to get cheap carbon bits (some of which are copied from other people designs) made in China I would, but I don't need to - so i'll pass cheers  :tu:

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:39 am

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="Toilet Duck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

;D  If I needed to get cheap carbon bits (some of which are copied from other people designs) made in China I would, but I don't need to - so i'll pass cheers  :tu:
[/quote]

Is there anything ever made by anyone else besides the factory you don't consider cheap or inferior? Everyone who's ever posted anything remotely commercial you've slagged off or had digs at. Whether it be wheels or my stuff or anyone else. And to write off as everything made in China is just naive and shows the depth of your knowledge. And FYI, some of the carbon is made in Japan, the carbon material comes from the USA, the Aurora rod-ends come from USA and the lights from Hella come from Germany, the steel tubing is all done locally in Manchester, UK. DO you want to insult those countries now too?

Your attitude exactly is why you're unfit to be the president of this club. This club is supposed to be independent yet all you do is try to stifle anything that you don't agree with. I think you should put a disclaimer in your sig that you're the General Manager at Ariel and that your opinions as such are completely skewed.

It's ridiculous that I can point out faults or inferior build qualities on the factory's wings and I get PM's and emails from club officials giving me a rollocking for having an opinion from the so called moderators but then you have the audacity to make sweeping statements as above as the president of the club.

Thankfully not many people listen to your opinion and the quality of my products speaks for itself, refer to the numerous happy customers on here and the US forums that have posted back unprompted with nothing but praise, and your attitude is one of the things that keeps me motivated and producing new products. Would you like to see my upcoming designs for the rest of the body panels and the other mechanical off-the-shelf parts used in the Atom that I intend to distribute at normal prices rather than artificially inflated prices?

People love to buy but no-one likes to be ripped off Tom.

As I said in the opening post, if you don't like what I write then add me to your ignore list and be on your way. Everything that has been posted in this thread has been positive except your replies. Your attitude and the likes of it is exactly why the US club splintered off and exactly whats limiting this club from growing and shrinking instead.

Clearly I must be doing something right that's hitting a raw nerve with you.
Last edited by hamtt on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

toms

Post by toms » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:14 am

[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="Toilet Duck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is there anything ever made by anyone else besides the factory you don't consider cheap or inferior? Everyone who's ever posted anything remotely commercial you've slagged off or had digs at. Whether it be wheels or my stuff or anyone else. And to write off as everything made in China is just naive and shows the depth of your knowledge. And FYI, some of the carbon is made in Japan, the carbon material comes from the USA, the Aurora rod-ends come from USA and the lights from Hella come from Germany, the steel tubing is all done locally in Manchester, UK. DO you want to insult those countries now too?

Your attitude exactly is why you're unfit to be the president of this club. This club is supposed to be independent yet all you do is try to stifle anything that you don't agree with. I think you should put a disclaimer in your sig that you're the General Manager at Ariel and that your opinions as such are completely skewed.

It's ridiculous that I can point out faults or inferior build qualities on the factory's wings and I get PM's and emails from club officials giving me a rollocking for having an opinion from the so called moderators but then you have the audacity to make sweeping statements as above as the president of the club.

Thankfully not many people listen to your opinion and the quality of my products speaks for itself, refer to the numerous happy customers on here and the US forums that have posted back unprompted with nothing but praise, and your attitude is one of the things that keeps me motivated and producing new products. Would you like to see my upcoming designs for the rest of the body panels and the other mechanical off-the-shelf parts used in the Atom that I intend to distribute at normal prices rather than artificially inflated prices?

As I said in the opening post, if you don't like what I write then add me to your ignore list and be on your way. Everything that has been posted in this thread has been positive except your replies. Your attitude and the likes of it is exactly why the US club splintered off and exactly whats limiting this club from growing and shrinking instead.

[/quote]

Cor blimey - my raw nerve?!  :H:  ;D  You really don't like me do you - a shame, but i'll live.

I'm struggling to remember all these negative comments and rants against you that i've come out with in public or in private, but for you to be in SUCH a state about it there must be something up.

The only comment I had put on your thread was just remarking that your latest product is pretty much an exact copy of an Ariel design, as are some of your other bits.  And now you've got VERY excited - truth hurts I guess.

And i'm well aware of where the rod ends, lights etc that you sell come from because I spent days/weeks/months with a design team (who spent months packaging them) then testing them to make sure they were suitable, weren't going to fail, and would last well, then organised the supply of them years ago, but thanks for asking.  Of course someone can come along, reap the benefits of all that hard work and knock them out at a smaller margin on the internet, but that's just life unfortunately and i'll live with it.  And Club members or anyone for that matter are of course welcome to purchase anything they like from anywhere they want to.

With regards to your comment about 'ripping people off' - it just shows that 1. you don't know me/us at all and 2. you have very little understanding of our business or what it takes to succeed as a low volume manufacturer.  Just remember - though you seem to hate us and everything we stand for so much, without Ariel there is no need for your bits.....though I suppose you could get chassis etc made in China as well for a fraction of the price, it's much easier to 'slightly modify' someone else's idea then flog it cheaper on the internet after all.

Anyway - i'm off camping with the family for the weekend - look forward to seeing your new products.

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:37 am

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]
[quote="Toilet Duck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cor blimey - my raw nerve?!  :H:  ;D  You really don't like me do you - a shame, but i'll live.

I'm struggling to remember all these negative comments and rants against you that i've come out with in public or in private, but for you to be in SUCH a state about it there must be something up.

The only comment I had put on your thread was just remarking that your latest product is pretty much an exact copy of an Ariel design, as are some of your other bits.  And now you've got VERY excited - truth hurts I guess.

And i'm well aware of where the rod ends, lights etc that you sell come from because I spent days/weeks/months with a design team (who spent months packaging them) then testing them to make sure they were suitable, weren't going to fail, and would last well, then organised the supply of them years ago, but thanks for asking.  Of course someone can come along, reap the benefits of all that hard work and knock them out at a smaller margin on the internet, but that's just life unfortunately and i'll live with it.  And Club members or anyone for that matter are of course welcome to purchase anything they like from anywhere they want to.

With regards to your comment about 'ripping people off' - it just shows that 1. you don't know me/us at all and 2. you have very little understanding of our business or what it takes to succeed as a low volume manufacturer.  Just remember - though you seem to hate us and everything we stand for so much, without Ariel there is no need for your bits.....though I suppose you could get chassis etc made in China as well for a fraction of the price, it's much easier to 'slightly modify' someone else's idea then flog it cheaper on the internet after all.

Anyway - i'm off camping with the family for the weekend - look forward to seeing your new products.
[/quote]

Tom, I with all my actions and what I do actually am PROMOTING Ariel cars. You on the other hand dismiss or ridicule or have a dig at anyone that wants to make alternative options for the car.  I don't hate you at all or the factory. I love the car which is why I have been an owner for so long and which is why I'm passionate about it. I simply cannot be bothered engaging in conversations that are completely biased and untrue and the purpose of which is nothing but to belittle competition. Again I see you can't but help have more digs about China.

With regards to knowing you, I am fully aware of the opinion customers hold. I do engage a lot in customer conversations when they purchase things, and just as on this forum, what they say in public is not necessarily what they say in private or a true reflection of their opinion. In a dictatorship, silence does not mean endorsement.

Enjoy your camping trip. Maybe in the future you'll purchase a set of upcoming sidepods from me that extend out and double up as a coffee table.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:42 am

Maybe in the future you'll purchase a set of upcoming sidepods from me that extend out and double up as a coffee table.  :roflp:

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:04 am

The Duo front wing in fibreglass painted, not always just carbon that looks good!

toms

Post by toms » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:04 am

[quote="hamtt"]

Tom, I with all my actions and what I do actually am PROMOTING Ariel cars. You on the other hand dismiss or ridicule or have a dig at anyone that wants to make alternative options for the car.  I don't hate you at all or the factory. I love the car which is why I have been an owner for so long and which is why I'm passionate about it. I simply cannot be bothered engaging in conversations that are completely biased and untrue and the purpose of which is nothing but to belittle competition. Again I see you can't but help have more digs about China.

With regards to knowing you, I am fully aware of the opinion customers hold. I do engage a lot in customer conversations when they purchase things, and just as on this forum, what they say in public is not necessarily what they say in private or a true reflection of their opinion. In a dictatorship, silence does not mean endorsement.

Enjoy your camping trip. Maybe in the future you'll purchase a set of upcoming sidepods from me that extend out and double up as a coffee table.
[/quote]

I'm glad that you are so enthusiastic - so am I or I wouldn't have spent a lifetime trying to get these cars and this company to where it is today.  I've made a lot of lifelong friends along the way, I know that much - and it would appear some people who don't like me very much, though I honestly wasn't aware that was such a large group - though I can only take your word for that.

I think in general, we'll need to 'agree to disagree' here, life is too short for petty arguments.

Fold out camping side pods - now that's an idea.  I'd definitely set up an account if you made those  ;D :tu:

As a side note while i've got you and we are being relatively sensible , and so that i'm not accused of (any more) underhand dealings if I do write to you privately, i'd be grateful if you could find another photo (attached) to use of the DASH2 on your website - I know it's easier just to copy and paste from our website but this is one of Ariels photos from the Atom Mugen press launch so is Ariel property and did take quite a while to set up/take/prepare.  I can prepare an official e-mail if you prefer, but it's nice to be civil and friendly.

Have a good weekend.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg