22nd-24th June 2018 Midsummer Gas 2018

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: 22nd-24th June 2018 Midsummer Gas 2018

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:03 pm

HenryJS wrote:NOMAD LANING UPDATE

Having Been out at the weekend (some of you may have seen on Instagram) the Lanes round Bicester are all SHUT. Farmer has padlocked all the gates :(

However there is an alternative -

Salisbury Plain.

Its about an hours drive from the Hotel. We could spend 3-4 Hours on Salisbury Plain and then drive between 1-2 hours back to the Hotel afterwards.
My self and Kelvin from the Factory drove the route at the weekend - me with no underbody protection whatsoever and Kelvin with all of it.

Its possible with no underbody protection but I was being very careful choosing my lines - so protection is recommended!

Thoughts?

Give me ring if you want to discuss... 01460 78817
Thanks for the update Henry. Shame about the lanes being shut but I think we were starting to think that may be the case when we went up first time!

Could those who are green laning with Henry please confirm if you are OK to head to Salisbury Plain? I think it will be a superb day, and then back to the hotel for the evening.

There will be a club road run on the Saturday of course if preferred. Details to follow.

Lizard, I'm contacting the organisers to see if any space.

Alex

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 pm

And for some reason I just keep coming back to bolt cutters.

I’m sure that’s a big no-no and confident that as an experienced greenlaner Henry would be right in not using them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:52 pm

MrLizard wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:39 pm looks like this is all fully booked but please let me know if there is any space :) bit late in the day, sorry!
Lizard we are fully booked for the track day I'm afraid. Fancy coming along as a passenger and to the evening BBQ/weekend instead?

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:02 pm

phil4 wrote:And for some reason I just keep coming back to bolt cutters.

I’m sure that’s a big no-no and confident that as an experienced greenlaner Henry would be right in not using them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree here Phil. However when Henry and I were doing the recce, most of the lanes had been closed for so long they were impassable! Might have needed some Mad Max style sh1t on the front of the car to get through!

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Alex Brandon-Smith wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:52 pm
MrLizard wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:39 pm looks like this is all fully booked but please let me know if there is any space :) bit late in the day, sorry!
Lizard we are fully booked for the track day I'm afraid. Fancy coming along as a passenger and to the evening BBQ/weekend instead?
Potentially let me have a look :)

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:37 pm

If I can get away from work in time i may well try and drop in to the trackday later in the day.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:10 am

Alex Brandon-Smith wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm
The hotel does also have a minder service which should be booked in advance. Give them a call. Pete is using their services for his 2 young children so he may know too.

Guys, just to update those bringing children, there is NOT a minder service available at the hotel. This was crossed wires and I'm sorry for any confusion.

I do now have a child's menu for the Saturday evening if anyone would like the little ones to join us for the sit down meal? Please email me asap if this is the case? president@ariel.club

Please can everyone also reply to their emails as soon as possible please! TVM!

Alex

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 am

Hi everyone, event update as follows:

I have a number of items which need your action please, namely the following:

1. check green laning and confirm if attending
2. check your booking below and your hotel requirements (if your hotel is wrong, please confirm with the hotel)
3. confirm your partner’s name if I have you down as a +1
4. confirm your menu choices for Saturday night if you are joining us
5. print off trackday document, read it, and bring to Abingdon

Updates

Firstly, some updates for the weekend. Due to insurance reasons, Si Clark won’t be able to be paid for his tuition by you guys so I am refunding the £20 that some of you have paid. Si will still be there and will still come on track with you but the club will pay for him to be there in a “consulting” capacity! Basically, Si will come out with you and then bring you back to pit to discuss (which is easier in an Atom anyway). He will be available all day and those who originally paid for his tuition will get priority for him to join you, else he’ll be around to generally chat with or jump in the passenger seat.

The hotel will be releasing all rooms back to the general public tomorrow, 13th June, so please confirm you have booked the correct duration of your stay with the hotel. Failure to do so could mean being charged for extra nights, or not getting a hotel room at all.

Ariel have confirmed factory support for the trackday at Abingdon. Ariel would like me to please press the fact that they are there to support and setup cars for the day/track and are not there to perform maintenance tasks or servicing. If you need something sorting on the car, please get it done beforehand. Ariel will not do this at the trackside.

Green Laning - please confirm if attending

The green laning with Henry has had to be changed to Salisbury Plain due to the local Bicester Farmers padlocking every green lane route we had planned. Salisbury Plain is brilliant and is well worth you joining Henry for the drive down there. All other road owners (Atoms & Nomads) will join us on the Saturday run out, route to follow. Please let me know if you intend to join him there, else it will be assumed you’ll be joining the road drive out (those staying for the weekend)

Confirmation of Booking - please check your booking

The following list is confirmation of what each member has booked and paid for. Please check the list and contact me with any changes/errors etc.

Name Hotel Trackday Meals
Alex & Ginette Brandon-Smith 2 nights Yes Friday x1, Saturday x2
Steve Gibson 2 nights Yes Friday, Saturday
Craig Coffield None Yes None
Steve & Magdalen Wind-Mozley Saturday Yes Saturday only
Phil Hough None Yes Friday, Saturday
Kai Vaksdal None Yes None
Peter & Hanna Whitbourn 2 nights Yes Friday x1, Saturday x2
Nick Mason & Lady Jane 2 nights No Friday, Saturday
Graeme Weineck 2 nights Yes Friday, Saturday
Michael Hyde None Yes Friday
Simon & Ann Beveridge 2 nights Yes Friday only
Henry Siebert-Saunders 2 nights No Friday, Saturday
Anmar Al-Shawi +1 2 nights Yes Friday, Saturday
Andy & Holy Smith 2 nights Yes None
Tom Brooks None Yes None
Bruce Fielding Saturday No Saturday only
Sven & Melanie Hamer 2 nights Yes Friday, Saturday
Rob Evans 2 nights No Friday, Saturday
David Triggs Friday No Friday only
Bod & Bart None Yes None
John & Julie Scherrer 2 nights No Friday, Saturday
Andy & Carol Dunham 2 nights Yes Friday, Saturday
Tania Slater & John Harding 2 nights Yes Friday, Saturday

Si Clark will also be around for the whole weekend also.

Menus - please confirm your Saturday night choices

Friday night will be a private BBQ for those arriving or joining us from Abingdon. We are expecting it to be served at 7.30pm which gives people time to get back and check in and get ready, whilst not being too late for those who are only staying for the evening. Dress code is informal.

Saturday night will be set 3-course menu with drinks reception from 7.30pm. We will have both the indoor and outdoor areas set up for the meal, so fingers crossed we have some great weather and can dine looking over the golf course! Saturday will be smart casual please, with an opportunity to dress to impress! Typically people wear anything up to and including black tie to dont be afraid to tell the other halves to get their summer dresses out! Ginette always dresses up!

Please choose one of the following from each course and email me back on president@ariel.club asap as I need to let the hotel know:

Starters:

Trio of Melon

A mixture of water, ogen and charentise melons served with a raspberry coulis

Fish cakes

Two tasty fish cakes coated with panko breadcrumbs and deep fried served on a bed of rocket accompanied with tartare sauce

Ham Hock Terrine

Slow cooked ham hock mixed with fresh herbs on a bed of leaf salad served with homemade piccalilli

Mains:

Roast Pork

Roast loin of pork served with crackling , roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables accompanied with a red wine jus and apple sauce

Lamb Shank

A braised lamb shank served with creamy mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables and a minted jus

Delice of Salmon

A salmon steak poached to perfection served with crushed new potatoes and spinach, seasonal vegetables and a lemon dressing

Butternut Squash

Butternut Squash, served with Mediterranean vegetables topped with cheese (V)

Desserts:

Profiteroles

Choux pastry filled with Chantilly cream served with a hot chocolate sauce

Lemon crème brulee

Traditional crème brulee with a hint of lemon served with fresh raspberries

Eaton Mess

Pieces of meringue mixed with whipped cream and strawberries

Trackday Sign-on - Document Attached, please print and take with you to trackday

The trackday at Abingdon is run by Motorsport Events. There are 17 confirmed drivers as detailed above. Extra drivers can be signed up on the day (usually around £25), extra passengers can be signed up also (usually around £10).

If you are not on the list above for the trackday, then you are not due to drive. Trackday payments are non-refundable as these have now been paid by the club. Please don’t forget to sort out your insurance if you require it. See www.ariel.club for a list of insurers who will cover you, amongst others.

Details of some requirements can be found here: https://www.motorsport-events.com/produ ... -track-day. Please ensure you have proper clothing and helmets, and don’t forget wet weather gear!

There is a strict noise limit of 100db. Please do not turn up with your sports can on! You will not pass noise testing and will not be allowed to drive.

Access/sign-on is from 8am, with briefing starting around 9.30am. There will be a break for lunch, and the day will finish at 5pm I believe. There is a garage just a few minutes from the circuit for fuel.

It’s a great track with loads of run-off so enjoy it!

Don’t forget to let me know

I think that’s about it. Please let me know your menus choices for Saturday and check we have everything correct for you. If you wish to book more meals then please do so asap as we need to let the hotel know. If there are child requirements then please email me directly. As yet, no child food has been booked or paid for.

I am very much looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone and hope it will be a cracking weekend! Fingers crossed for the weather.

Any problems, let me know asap please, or give me a call.

Regards

Alex

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 am

Sorry for the list bunching up! I spent 10 minutes formatting that bugger too!

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am

This might help with the list:
list.PNG
list.PNG (32.18 KiB) Viewed 1014 times

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:00 am

Nice work Phil!

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am

Those columns still slightly out Phil .. ;)
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:42 pm

John Scherrer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am Those columns still slightly out Phil .. ;)
For John:
List.png
List.png (17.46 KiB) Viewed 1012 times

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Perfecto !
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Had a call from the hotel today. They have sourced us a registered child minder for the evening on Saturday.

Looking forward to it.

Also if you are insured with Reis and doing the track Day, don’t forget to let them know before 4pm on Thursday if you want to be insured on track.

See you on Friday!

Best,

Steve