Scotland's NC500

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
GraemeW

Scotland's NC500

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:28 pm

I am a nearly around this route. Sadly not in an Atom. Still waiting :(.  What a tour!  I have driven on some fine roads on five continents and have to say the NC500 is near the top if not the top. Dramatic scenery. Very lucky with the weather, I've even got sun burn.  Great roads. Although some might be hard work in an Atom, but this route was made for the Nomad.  Nomad owners do yourself a favour and take a trip up here before it gets too popular.  You will never forget it. I will bring the Atom up sometime.  Perhaps a combined Atom nomad tour?
Last edited by GraemeW on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northnoble

Re: Scotland's NC500

Post by Northnoble » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Gents....

Have just completed the NC500 in my Atom.....all I can say is OMG, what scenery, what roads, what scenery.....had I mentioned that before?

My thoughts.....

1. Great roads, about 50% perfect for the Atom
2. Great roads, about 50% RUBBISH for the Atom....too bouncy, too narrow (single track) and the Atom just too low!
3. Spectacular scenery.....what a great way to experience it.....full open top view of an Atom
4. OMG I was knackered after each day, whereas those in the Porsches and Lotus's were fine!
5. Lucky.....I had three days of sun....how LUCKY!
6. Some great places to stay (if booked early) makes the whole trip fantastic
7. OMG what a reaction the Atom gets......especially from all the rented Caterham drivers doing the NC500

One of my mates took 3 GoPros and a drone....will post a link to the video soon.....just ignore the speed, must be a calibration issue  ;D

Craig Sams

Re: Scotland's NC500

Post by Craig Sams » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:02 pm

Look forward to seeing the footage, Its defo on my to do list!