Ebay Trailer Fraud

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
B19TOY

Re: Ebay Trailer Fraud

Post by B19TOY » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:06 am

[quote="Peter255"]
I have to say having a simple lightweight single axel trailer for the Atom seems sensible bearing in mind the low weight of the car. It always seems a waste to me when people haul large trailers that can carry ~2 tonnes for a car weighing less than 600Kg. Fair play if you want to use it for other cars though obviously, or its all you can hire etc.

I've just had a crazy idea. I wonder if you could put a small trailer like the above (not much wider or longer than the Atom) in a standard sized garage with the car loaded?

That would:
Save space for storage
Save loading in the morning of some event
Keep car and trailer dry
Provide improved access to the underside of the car.

Hmmm....
[/quote]

Not that crazy, if you have the length you just need the door garage to be 2.3m wide... or perhaps 14cm less if you asked them to make the trailer bed width 1.86m rather than 2m.  Even with the car on the total weight is under 1 tonne and manoeuvrable by hand.

Hedley also has a 10ft bed version (plus overhang) which is an overall 3ft shorter than the model I shared. 

B19TOY

Post by B19TOY » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:10 am

Yes it is a bit too far Alex BS

I am yet to see what the long term durability is like.  Given my location, and for my occasional track day use it was worth trying.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:05 am

[quote="B19TOY"]
[quote="Peter255"]
I have to say having a simple lightweight single axel trailer for the Atom seems sensible bearing in mind the low weight of the car. It always seems a waste to me when people haul large trailers that can carry ~2 tonnes for a car weighing less than 600Kg. Fair play if you want to use it for other cars though obviously, or its all you can hire etc.

I've just had a crazy idea. I wonder if you could put a small trailer like the above (not much wider or longer than the Atom) in a standard sized garage with the car loaded?

That would:
Save space for storage
Save loading in the morning of some event
Keep car and trailer dry
Provide improved access to the underside of the car.

Hmmm....
[/quote]

Not that crazy, if you have the length you just need the door garage to be 2.3m wide... or perhaps 14cm less if you asked them to make the trailer bed width 1.86m rather than 2m.  Even with the car on the total weight is under 1 tonne and manoeuvrable by hand.

Hedley also has a 10ft bed version (plus overhang) which is an overall 3ft shorter than the model I shared. 
[/quote]

The idea of storing the atom on the trailer in the garage is well worth looking at though. That would be my choice as I only have one garage and no space to store a Brian James for example!
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

russty_james

Post by russty_james » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:11 am

[quote="Peter255"]
[/quote]
Not a crazy idea at all! My standard single axle trailer used to be stored in this exact way in a single garage with the Atom on top. It was a bit tight mind...

This was a standard Woodford trailer, it also had to be fairly lightweight (sub 1300kg) so I met the newer trailer licence requirements.
Attachments
trailer2.jpg
trailer1.jpg
Last edited by russty_james on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

KrisC2

Post by KrisC2 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:38 pm

[quote="Peter255"]
I've just had a crazy idea. I wonder if you could put a small trailer like the above (not much wider or longer than the Atom) in a standard sized garage with the car loaded?            [/quote]

Mine has sat on the trailer in the garage for the last couple of years, a simple space solution. I also fitted a winch in the garage so I can pull the trailer fully loaded off the road into the garage ...... works well for me  :tu:

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 am

This is definitely a plan for the future.

Cheers for the info people!  :tu:
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:52 pm

[quote="Peter255"]

[/quote]

Not crazy at all. I used to keep mine that way. The Atom is so light that it's easy to keep like that. You just push the trailer out when you want to hook it up to the car.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London