Re: Euro Vote - Are you In or Out?

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
deepdiver

Re: Euro Vote - Are you In or Out?

Post by deepdiver » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:47 pm

[quote="Curves Junkie"]
[quote="smokin"]
That is crazy! UK still in EU
[/quote]
Yes and I hope you all will stay in EU after 23. June.  :wize:
[/quote]

Why what do you think will happen.???? on the 24th their will be no difference to the 22nd. it will be just like the Y2K virus a big fat Naff all. either way its all bull shite
just my 2ps worth.
G.

Last edited by deepdiver on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

julian

Re: Re: Euro Vote - Are you In ot Out?

Post by julian » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:14 pm

Will the vote be in or out? Totally off topic but hey ho!

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Hopefully out.

deepdiver

Post by deepdiver » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Any reasons behind that Out.

Genuinely interested your thinking

G

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:14 pm

To many rules and regs, you can't treat every country as one, costs way to much compared with what we get back and the European MPs seem to be even worse than our own MPs at milking the system and let's be honest, that takes some doing. We are told we will struggle not being in the EU but I reckon if the truth is known, the EU will struggle to survive if we come out. Bring on the onslaught! Lol. Be nice to try and get the "great" put back in Britain.

Got to go George, the 1st batch of people with pitch forks and torches have just turned up at my door.  ;)

deepdiver

Post by deepdiver » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi
I hope were voting out , not because I'm anti Europe or anti Immigration. I'm anti Brussels. I like the idea of what my parents signed up for the common market. Not a closer European union. Were too different and its too early, in 50 years perhaps. 
I struggle with the concept that we the 5th largest economy in the world the 2nd largest economy in europe with only 65 million people in the country are hand cuffed to Brussels, and will die if we  go in a different direction.

Paying for something where we appear to have very little influence. we weren't in the EU when we were trading with the world and we managed to create the largest trading empire the world has ever known and we were at out most prosperous as a Nation.  Unfortunately two wars saw that little gig off.  id like to think we can do both. But we can't if were tied to brussels they won't let us.
As for all the crap about we have influence if were in the EU well i think its just bollocks the Germans run the EU and the french back them to the hilt so their farmers can keep the subsidies, so were knackered, over 70 motions kiboshed in the EU parliament. we haven't succeeded in having one passed. says it all.

I struggle with the idea that people cant be deported because their a member of the EU EVEN IF THEIR A CRIMINAL.

I struggle with the idea that people who we put in prison can vote. Bollocks to that they gave up that when they were put in prison.

I laugh at the idea that well crumble because we left the EU. 3 MILLION JOBS  down the river if we go. Bollocks Prove it.

This tarif thing they keep on about, really are we going down that road, i drive an Audi and we sell loads of cars to europe it not going to happen. tit for tat rubbish scare mongering. 

the whole world is a changing market and we have to adapt or we fail. The EU is a massive failing institution and once were out it will struggle to survive.( rubbish). We can do both. trade with the EU and the rest of the world. 

All opinions are welcome. please try and change my mind the vote isn't until the 23rd July.

G.
Last edited by deepdiver on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Studley

Post by Lord Studley » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Anyone remember how as a Country not joining the Euro currency we would perish??? Hahahaha, that couldn't of been further from the truth!!!

Andybee33

Post by Andybee33 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:44 pm

[quote="Lord Studley"]
To many rules and regs, you can't treat every country as one, costs way to much compared with what we get back and the European MPs seem to be even worse than our own MPs at milking the system and let's be honest, that takes some doing. We are told we will struggle not being in the EU but I reckon if the truth is known, the EU will struggle to survive if we come out. Bring on the onslaught! Lol. Be nice to try and get the "great" put back in Britain.
[/quote]

Well said that man!

julian

Post by julian » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:46 pm

At the moment l'm out based on immigration. I am not against people coming to the uk to work but we do have our own people without jobs. That said, you could argue that a proportion of UK potential workers don't have the skills to fill the employment gaps for example those in the building industry. Why? Because of the demise of proper good old aprentiships, bring them back.

Today in the news it has been said that there are not enough nurses to meet the needs of the NHS so the health service is forced to use expensive agency staff and recruit overseas. I believe this will be the situation for the next 5 years. Why has the government not made it their business to recruit and train British unemployed?

My main concerns is the infrastructure of the U.K. If people continue to pour into the country, where are they going to live and their children go to school. And of course the NHS, which is struggling to cope now.

Please tell me otherwise.

Oh, and I hate the Daily Mail.

Julian

Perhaps the last few posts should be moved to 'non Atom' stuff.

Rocket Man

Re: Euro Vote - Are you In ot Out?

Post by Rocket Man » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:29 am

If European people can just come to the UK, work, claim benefits without any problems and we have so much trouble supporting our retired military people that have supported this country often with great hardship I find it unfair. To top it all there is the fact that some European countries will not allow Atoms to be registered for use on their roads

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:05 pm

In.

I don't give a damn about immigration. We need people to do the jobs that 'British' people are too lazy or too stupid or too greedy to do. If people want to come and fill any gaps, let them. The right wing believe in market forces... so let the market force drive employment. Anyway, Cameron has this one covered - and he has lots of the other 'worries' covered. I dislike the man intensely, but he's negotiated a good deal.

We currently make more money from the EU than it costs us to be a member.

I don't trust our legal system to operate without impartial, independent oversight and checks and balances. The EU ensures that our laws are fair for everyone. But we still get to keep our laws.

I don't trust our politicians either. The reasons above apply to them as well (until we change the entire political system - which is long overdue a major overhaul.)

I think the climate is in better hands in Europe, as are equality and research budgets.

Much as I don't comfortably trust 'Europeans', I'd rather be in the tent pissing out. There are cons, of course. Things like employment laws in Europe are awful for employers.

We are NOT an empire. We are NOT a superpower. We are a little country than can use the support of something bigger - and please God let that not be the Americans.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:42 pm

will prob vote in for business reasons as it makes more sense

but emotionally,  feel it should be out

must be the island mentality

immigration is out of control and getting worse, but prob wont improve either way the vote goes
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

smokin

Post by smokin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:06 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Much as I don't comfortably trust 'Europeans', I'd rather be in the tent pissing out.
[/quote]

I am reminded of this sketch from an old favourite of mine

Episode Five: The Writing on the Wall

Sir Humphrey: Minister, Britain has had the same foreign policy objective for at least the last five hundred years: to create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against the Germans and Italians. Divide and rule, you see. Why should we change now, when it's worked so well?
    Hacker: That's all ancient history, surely?
    Sir Humphrey: Yes, and current policy. We 'had' to break the whole thing up, so we had to get inside. We tried to break it up from the outside, but that wouldn't work. Now that we're inside we can make a complete pig's breakfast of the whole thing: set the Germans against the French, the French against the Italians, the Italians against the Dutch... The Foreign Office is terribly pleased; it's just like old times.
    Hacker: But surely we're all committed to the European ideal?
    Sir Humphrey: [chuckles] Really, Minister.
    Hacker: If not, why are we pushing for an increase in the membership?
    Sir Humphrey: Well, for the same reason. It's just like the United Nations, in fact; the more members it has, the more arguments it can stir up, the more futile and impotent it becomes.
    Hacker: What appalling cynicism.
    Sir Humphrey: Yes... We call it diplomacy, Minister.
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:43 pm

I am sure British people would feel a lot better towards staying in if the government made the european imergrants go though all the red tape to come to UK that people outside Europe have to go through.
My wife is from the philippines and for her to com here cost me a lot of money, time and red tape.
Make them  all like that and there won't be an imergration problem.
We still want our Atoms and any other british cars to have the right to be registered for their roads as they want their people registered here. Well that makes me feel better as I don't know about politics and they all do what ever they do for their own short term gain.

julian

Post by julian » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm

I hear the above arguments for in or out but my questions remain unanswered, what about the infurstructure?

Housing

School places

Health
Last edited by julian on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.