Thank you

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
Jacob Potts

Thank you

Post by Jacob Potts » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:14 am

This is NOT political.

To all my Brit friends

From the US:

Before the London marathon started: 30 seconds of silence observed for those injured and killed in Boston.

36 thousand runners in London.  365 thousand spectators.  Prince Harry out in public to give medals to the winners.

Many runners wore black armbands to remember the victims in Boston.

We thank you.  A lot.

For U.S. all,

Jacob Potts

P.S.  You guys are tough.

source: AP (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04/21/london-marathon-runners-offer-tributes-to-boston-victims/)

Bruce Fielding

Re: Thank you

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:45 am

You think that's tough?

After we had our tube and bus bombings in London on 7/7, the next day people were queuing at bus stops and complaining that the buses were running late.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
You think that's tough?

After we had our tube and bus bombings in London on 7/7, the next day people were queuing at bus stops and complaining that the buses were running late.
[/quote]
That is too funny!

:roflp:

Jacob :-)

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 pm

I really feel for the innocent victims of the Boston atrocity, but also remember the city's role in financing terrorism (including the bombing of innocents) on these shores. Sorry to get political, and rake up the past, but the US has forgotten its own role in financing terrorism abroad. Sorry Jacob, not meant as a poke at you.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Hmm
Attachments
cow.jpg
cow.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 236 times
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 am

Ah yes.

Two abiding memories of the IRA years...

The first was walking past Harrods when the police cruised past with loud hailers telling everyone to get down as there was a suspected bomb. Women in furs and heels hit the deck together... very funny. No bomb, luckily.

The other was my posh mate claiming under the terrorism fund for a new suit after a bomb blast caused the inkwell on his desk (yes, I'm that old) to leap out of its hole and splash ink all over his expensive suit.

If I remember correctly, this was the same mate who was one of the first bankers into Uganda after Idi Amin left... he got drunk one night and got shot in the leg trying to ignore a road block in his car. Got married standing up a few months later as he couldn't kneel!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 am

Was just today at the sight of an IRA bomb in 1974 at the Tower of London that killed one and injured 41 innocent sightseers.