Top Gears Back!

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
wattie

Top Gears Back!

Post by wattie » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Well I enjoyed it....Kel too, never fails to make us laugh....especially as there was no Christmas special :td:

Ok, so it's the same old formula......but it's fun and there are some gorgeous cars :drool:

What did you all think......saving up for the Pagani?????

Cheers Wattie
Last edited by wattie on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Nick

Re: Top Gears Back!

Post by Sir Nick » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Recon Tom should get nitro in the V8 and head the board again!!
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 am

7/10

The Pagani and the Bentley were great

Damien Lewis didn't really come across as well as he could, and the P45 was as Clarkson would say, Stoopid.

Nice to see that the format didn't need changing at all...

Or did it?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 am

I wonder if that car will find its way back into Bentley's dealer network ;)   

The Pagani bit was also good, the P45 had its moments but was not that good.  Star in a reasonably priced car is not really that good but allows me to watch the programme a bit quicker by skipping it.

Ben

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 am

seemed to me they were struggling to fill the 60 mins up

still makes me chuckle though
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

toms

Post by toms » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]

Nice to see that the format didn't need changing at all...

Or did it?
[/quote]

I just can't watch it any more - haven't seen any of the last 4 or 5 series, it's just too tired and irritating.

Yes - the format does need changing!!

PaulP

Post by PaulP » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am

Got my wife to watch it on the promise of Damien Lewis, but have to agree with Bruce. I thought he was a bit full of himself; not the english way old boy. Still if you've been a prisoner for several years it has to affect you.

Otherwise it was the usual stuff, which I enjoy.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 am

I enjoyed it. I think the people complaining about it forget what it was before this format. Yes there are silly bits but I like those as it breaks up the serious car stuff. What on earth could you do with a car show to make it more interesting ?

Anyway, loved the Pagani and was really surprised at the Bentley ! What a mess that must have been after the stage. Lewis was dull.

T
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

wattie

Post by wattie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 am

Seems we're all fans of the Bentley....gorgeous in that colour so here's a slightly cheaper model to ponder...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211234364104/sort/default/usedcars/colour/grey/model/continental/make/bentley/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ba14ar/radius/1501/page/1?logcode=p

An awful lot of car for the money.....

Cheers Wattie

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:19 am

[quote="Trigger"]
I enjoyed it. I think the people complaining about it forget what it was before this format.
[/quote]

To be fair, it has come a long way...

http://youtu.be/bTwQ4FXgNMw
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Dext37

Post by Dext37 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am

Great to see it back on the screens. The Bentley took an absolute pounding though, also, what was 'smaller' about the P45?

Looking forward to the 'silly' challenges, there is an 'estate 4x4 £1,500 car challenge' thingy.... that looks as Bruce has said, stooopid, but very possible, good tele.

I wonder how long they can go on for, the format is looking a bit like a course 99.9% run.

Still top notch though!

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Obvious there's room for improvement, but I don't know of any program which does more fun tests! Who doesn't want to see a bentley on a rallystage? Thats just insanely cool...

Paganin is fastest now, I am pretty curious though about how the BAC Mono will do! Nomfaster I guess, but i'm pretty curious how it holds up to the Atoms...
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

lsb

Post by lsb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:28 pm

[quote="speedmachine"] Who doesn't want to see a bentley on a rally stage ?
[/quote]

Actually I don't. It was ridiculous pointless nonsense. in my opinion they are running out of ideas and doing things just because they can.

What was the point of that ? Do a proper road test and call it a day. Surely that was aimed at 6 year olds. Oh, look at the Bentley take off and land in a big puddle - reminds me of a British middle class Dukes of Hazard.

It seems the show has one good segment a week now (when they test a performance/supercar) and the rest of the show is three men regressing back to childhood.

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 pm

I actually really like those stupid ridiculous things...and how they misabuse them expensive cars! If they only do them straight forward, factory approved tests...whats the fun of that?

Everybody his opinion though, it's just not the most serious testing program, but a fun automotive show
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:43 pm

There is a very high chance that the Bentley was a development mule which was going to be crushed after the TG test anyway.  I thought that was the best bit of the programme by a long way, actually second best after Clarkson telling Duncan Banatyne he could not understand a word he was saying.