The Grand Tour

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
ross

Re: The Grand Tour

Post by ross » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:59 am

Yeah, early days but they seem to have taken heed of feedback and binned a couple of the most annoying sections.

I wish they'd make it a little more kid friendly though by just dropping the stupid sex references - my kids are desperate to watch it but I've had to say no unfortunately.

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 am

Ross McWilliam wrote: Yeah, early days but they seem to have taken heed of feedback and binned a couple of the most annoying sections.

I wish they'd make it a little more kid friendly though by just dropping the stupid sex references - my kids are desperate to watch it but I've had to say no unfortunately.
Yes very good point.  They've gone for some cheap laughs at the expense of a wider audience.  Otherwise I agree it is improving.
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Seems to be actually becoming it's own now rather than
The "other" car show
Starting to enjoy it.

Stew

PhillipM

Post by PhillipM » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:22 pm

So, how many Nomad owners are swapping for a TT then? ;D

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:10 pm

I'm actually quite enjoying the new Top Gear with Freddie and Paddy. Chris Harris is still annoying me (and them it seems). Shame the BBC had to go through the Chris Evans phase to get to where it is today.

As much as I've enjoyed Jezza and gang over the years and always relish an old Top Gear episode on Dave, Grand Tour felt a bit 'old men trying to be cool'.

Sunday night tele has become a family event again.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:37 am

I mostly agree with your thinking. The new series doesn't seem too bad. I'm not sure why we never now get to see the stig do their hot lap though?

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 am

I can't watch it because I can't have Chris Harris occupying my TV, I find him deeply unlikable. Only good reviews of the program though I think.
A

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm

I can't stand comedy Paddy and flat earth Freddie. A pair of complete prats.

I will and do separately watch the real car journo Harris. :tu: I just hate his false TG comedy persona.

Overall TG is utter toilet. :td:
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Good points Pete, I concur

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:18 pm

Hold on... Are you confusing TG (or Grand Tour) with journalism?

I'm judging on light-hearted car based bafoonery.

I need to know which £1,000 car from the 80s will break down first through the Bolivian rain forest and who will be the first to twat Chris Harris. It makes Monday mornings more bearable.

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:26 pm

'who will be the first to twat Chris Harris'

Excellent...

GraemeW

The Grand Tour

Post by GraemeW » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 am

I think Chris Harris is an excellent motoring journalist. Off TG. See some of his other work off TG he manages to objectively distill all the essential attributes of the car he’s reviewing. Especially from a petrolhead looking for a good drivers car point of view.

I agree with Peter above, he has developed some sort of contrived persona for his TG appearances which doesn’t quite work. However some of his recent TG “special reports” like electric cars or Lotus 79 F1 downforce, weren’t bad?

If he wasn’t there it would cease to be a motoring show. No matter how entertaining the other two are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk