Anyone got a Raspberry Pi ?

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
ross

Re: Anyone got a Raspberry Pi ?

Post by ross » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Must be pretty cool to work on that kind of stuff, but I'm not sure that AR glasses will really take off but I may well be completely wrong (it does happen occasionally...)

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm

aparte from the 1080p I don't understand one word of the complete topic...and I thought I was quite into technical stuff!
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Must be pretty cool to work on that kind of stuff, but I'm not sure that AR glasses will really take off but I may well be completely wrong (it does happen occasionally...)
[/quote]

I think the list of applications is huge and much wider than the odd examples mentioned in the article!  For instance having a tiny HUD in your visor when driving the Atom would be very very cool.

Ben

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:09 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
[/quote]

I think the list of applications is huge and much wider than the odd examples mentioned in the article!  For instance having a tiny HUD in your visor when driving the Atom would be very very cool.

Ben
[/quote]

Having my oil pressure finally connected to the DL1 and realizing i have to cycle through 4 screens to see it, this was my next suggestion ;)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:39 pm

[quote="wattie"]
it's official, Geeks and nerds drive Atoms ;)

Cheers Wattie
[/quote]

Yup.

I'm enormously proud of my new Nexus 4, but unless you're a geek, you wouldn't be at all impressed.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="wattie"]
it's official, Geeks and nerds drive Atoms ;)

Cheers Wattie
[/quote]

Yup.

I'm enormously proud of my new Nexus 4, but unless you're a geek, you wouldn't be at all impressed.
[/quote]

Sort of a heavier version of the Galaxy SIII isn't it ;)

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 am

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
http://www.oculusvr.com/

I've also pre-ordered a Leapmotion device (https://www.leapmotion.com/) to see if they're as good as they appear to be.
[/quote]

If you are of the geek persuasion VR glasses are something you will have been waiting forever to come good. I really hope these guys can do it. I am less interested in Leap Motion, not because there won't be lots happening in that area, but almost because there will be so much happening in that area. With all the various controllers available now, I am not sure Leap Motion will bring any huge leap forward.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.