TALL TALL GUYS

All things Atomic
Concrete-Tom

TALL TALL GUYS

Post by Concrete-Tom » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:16 am

Hi Guys,

New here & looking to buy an atom for some fun.

Only issue is I'm 6ft 7, 19 stone, 38inch waist.

Went to look at a SC3.5 with carbon bucket seats & couldn't fit, then an Atom 4 with standard plastic ones and was just ok.

Does anyone know if you can push back & lower a seat further back/wider? Even if it was custom.

Ps. Anyone with a nice 3.5r please let me know!
Ariel Atom 4,
Radical SR10
Taylormade Ferrari Superfast,

Billyb

Re: TALL TALL GUYS

Post by Billyb » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:56 am

I don’t know the answer but I am wondering if you could make an expanding foam seat work in an Atom. I don’t know if the floor is strong enough though. Eg https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/pi ... aking-kits

I was going to go this route with my Lotus but I just managed to fit with a Tillett B8 mounted to the floor.

It might be worth contacting Tillett and getting their view. They are very helpful.

mrpgkennedy

Post by mrpgkennedy » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:41 pm

i'm 6'3 and a similar weight

the single piece moulded seats are better

the problem is height, you really want to get lower, i don;t know if it's possible but to move the pedals away may work better

Concrete-Tom

Post by Concrete-Tom » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:01 pm

I’m not partially overweight, but couldn’t even get half into the carbon seats 😂.

Usto be 6ft 8, Maybe I’ll be rocking an atom when 60 & shrunk some more!
Ariel Atom 4,
Radical SR10
Taylormade Ferrari Superfast,

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Hi, ive had ariel make me a bigger seat its 1" bigger than standard and helped with the prototype as i couldn't get my hips in a standard seat they were squeezing speak to tom and mention Ben, who helped with the bigger seat and hopefully it will work for you also.

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:16 pm

8_enj wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:27 pm Hi, ive had ariel make me a bigger seat its 1" bigger than standard and helped with the prototype as i couldn't get my hips in a standard seat they were squeezing speak to tom and mention Ben, who helped with the bigger seat and hopefully it will work for you also.
Speaking to tom will be very hard as he has left the company…

@ts you probably tried the narrow (most sold) Tillets like I had in my 3.5, but they also offer the wider seats (believe they are B6 Tillets) which suits much bigger/wider guys. The standard bench is ultra wide but not so deep.

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:07 pm

[mention]speedmachine[/mention] i didnt know he had left tbh with you, any idea who is in charge now?

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:26 am

8_enj wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:07 pm @speedmachine i didnt know he had left tbh with you, any idea who is in charge now?
Ben does sales related stuff. Henry can help as well

abcoro

Post by abcoro » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:02 am

Hello. Well, I'm a little bit smaller with 194cm and weigh a little less with 110kg.

When I drove the Atom 4 home when I picked it up here at the Belgian dealer...I struggled with the width as well. Well, not really the actual width as the seat actually fits perfectly for me (I fitted the seat at the factory, but the harness was not fitted yet at that time), it's only that the seatbelt harness adjusting clasp sits very unlucky positioned...it sits in between the seat and my hips, and not in the opening of the seat at the sides.

So after a while it's annoying me...simple solution for me is to use a foam from approx 1cm thickness so I sit a tad bit higher up in the seat (probably not really an option for you as you're already higher then me)...but this works for me for now. I talked to Ben about a wider seat and he told me there's a wider seat "in the making", for the Nomad...and that one should be compatible with the Atom 4 as well...not sure though if it's already available or not.
Attachments
IMG_2790.jpeg
IMG_2790.jpeg (622.64 KiB) Viewed 1679 times