Moving from Atomic to Nomadic?

All things Atomic
Fastlane

Moving from Atomic to Nomadic?

Post by Fastlane » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:43 pm

I have had my supercharged 3 for 3 1/2 years now and I love it. I have done over 7,500 miles in it around Cornwall, and up to the factory for servicing, (I don't do any track days) and I have spent c.£5k servicing, maintaining and upgrading it. In that time it hasn't depreciated (which is important to me) and it stills looks bloody great! Here a couple of photos of it.

Over the last few months I have been contemplating selling it to buy an Atom 4. My ideal spec. would be £60-65k, but of course I would then have to wait 30 months or pay a premium for a less-than-ideal spec. car.

The problem is, whilst Cornwall has lots of great roads, the A and many B roads that are perfect for an Atom are very busy with tourists from March to October, i.e. when I take my Atom out, and many of the other quieter roads just aren't best suited to a low slung sports car like an Atom.

So, I have recently been looking at the Nomad, or more specifically at a supercharged Nomad. My thought is that a Nomad would be much better suited to exploring the quieter Cornish roads, and off the beaten track, whilst the supercharger would still give me the wonderful rush and whine that I have grown to love in my 3.

Nomads are far rarer than Atoms (less than 200 Nomads worldwide?) and I believe they will hold their values just as well and cost a very similar amount to maintain.

Will I miss the pure adrenaline rush of an Atom, or will the (relative) usability of a Nomad outweigh that? For mainly road and light off-road use, what spec. would people recommend?

I welcome your thoughts (I have also posted this in the Nomad forum).
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range