Put to bed!

All things Atomic
autobackup

Put to bed!

Post by autobackup » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:29 am

Today I'm putting my Atom to bed until next April, it was fully professionally detailed yesterday and is looking immaculate!

- I also have to thank Sir Nick for noticing that the high level brake light was 'dangling' as my Atom had only just had a full service (plus replacing the fuel lines) and I hadn't noticed that HL brake light hadn't been reattached!

Nick immediately set to work with some borrowed tools in the Aphrodite Hills Hotel forecourt and successfully bolted it back on - thanks Nick!

- this was just before I took him out for a brief run round the local Pissouri Village and beach coastal area before joining him for breakfast in the hotel.

Nick was visiting Cyprus for 5 days to play golf!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

AlanP

Re: Put to bed!

Post by AlanP » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:36 am

That will have been a nice drive! When I take people out its hard to know if the shivering is the cold or fear!
A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

IanG

Post by IanG » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:25 pm

Just as well you didn't let him drive
You would require two new rear tyres now . :H: :roflp:

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:33 am

Hahaha @IanG. Paul dancing on the throttle to find traction kills his own tyres. Thanks Paul for taking the time to come and see me and for the quick blast.
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:49 am

Sir Nick has sent me a short GoPro video (and given me permission to post it) he took during our short early morning run out in Cyprus.

For anyone interested we were using the Stilo intercom system with full noise reducing headsets which allows a completely normal conversation when driving a supercharged 3.5R Atom!

The video starts with us driving down the Aphrodite Hills access road under the motorway bridge to the coast road and then along the until coast road (driving East) - I had intended a blast along the rather good and spectacularly scenic old coastal road to Pissouri until we abruptly came up against a 'Road Closed' barrier - Later I found out that apparently about 40 metres of the road further along had decided to go for a swim!!

In fact that wasn't the end of the drive - I don't know whether Sir Nick videoed anymore of the drive? - after turning around perforce we returned the way we had come then joined the Paphos- Limassol motorway to bypass the road slip and then exited at the next junction and drove through the narrow Pissouri Village streets then wound our way down the hill to Pissouri Beach before eventually making our way back to the motorway through the vineyards and then eventually back to the Aphrodite Hills Hotel for an excellent buffet breakfast!

I must compliment Sir Nick on his (relatively) steady handheld GoPro!!

The heavens opened on my way back to my village so I used a motorway bridge as an umbrella to change into full wet gear for the rest of my way home!

Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)