Alcon brakes what disc options is they

All things Atomic
Rickywoolston

Alcon brakes what disc options is they

Post by Rickywoolston » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi looking for a pair of rear discs I have alcons on the rear and they have a solid vented and grooves disc currently but upon looking I can only seen to find 2 piece/floating disc obviously expensive but can’t seem to find the discs that are currently on the car other than ebc ones on eBay which are the 240mm ones from earlier atoms with the smaller brakes my alcons seem to require a 280/290mm disc roughly give or take. Any advice muchly appreciated!

Also is there any discount on parts from Ariel due to being a member on here does anyone know as I also need a rear hub/upright at £500 plus vat 😩

Fastlane

Re: Alcon brakes what disc options is they

Post by Fastlane » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:32 pm

Rickywoolston wrote:Hi looking for a pair of rear discs I have alcons on the rear and they have a solid vented and grooves disc currently but upon looking I can only seen to find 2 piece/floating disc obviously expensive but can’t seem to find the discs that are currently on the car other than ebc ones on eBay which are the 240mm ones from earlier atoms with the smaller brakes my alcons seem to require a 280/290mm disc roughly give or take. Any advice muchly appreciated!

Also is there any discount on parts from Ariel due to being a member on here does anyone know as I also need a rear hub/upright at £500 plus vat Image
They don't make the original one-piece Alcon discs any more I'm afraid. The factory will supply you with replacements, but they are very expensive.

Unfortunately the club discount is only for labour.

Many parts on an Atom are specific to the Atom, and so unfortunately expensive.

I think you are going to have to bite the bullet and buy all the parts you need from the factory. You may be able to get a discount if you ask nicely.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Rickywoolston

Post by Rickywoolston » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:53 pm

Agh ok yea that makes sense why I can’t find them that was my main concern is that I was maybe looking in the wrong place as the car has 1 piece but I can’t find them anywhere so thanks for clearing that up, have seen some slightly cheaper on skunkwurks but having trouble getting in touch with them tried a few times with no response over the last week

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:18 pm

As per Fastlane's post, Alcon made those one piece discs for Ariel and the contract meant that Alcon could not sell the parts to anyone else.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Rickywoolston

Post by Rickywoolston » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Ok thanks, has anyone tried the 2 piece ones from skunkwurks if I manage to get in touch with them or are the ones ariel supply the best bet or are they any any other options to look into?

IanG

Post by IanG » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi Ricky
A freiend of mine brought a set from Skunkwurks
Never had any problems with them.
Ian

Rickywoolston

Post by Rickywoolston » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:06 pm

Ok great thanks for that it says out of stock that’s all and I can’t get in touch with them to ask if there getting any more in or anything like that as they never get back to me on there contact us page 😩

911tom

Post by 911tom » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:09 pm

You could try reyland. They made me discs for my vanborghinni which has alcon brakes as they were no longer available from alcon. The ones from reyland have lasted much longer than the alcons ever did. It was better value buying two sets and also meant I had a backup. As they are made to order it meant the van was off the road for a few weeks. Two years later and circa 5 track days I’m still on the first set. Couldn’t be happier.

Rickywoolston

Post by Rickywoolston » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:21 pm

Is a vanboughini what I think it is? 😬😬😬

Just had a quick look on google is it reyland motorsport?, any idea on the spec I need as far as I can see I think it’s a 290mm disc and hub pcd is 95mm?

Rickywoolston

Post by Rickywoolston » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Good to see you have a 996 btw!, I also have a 996 c2 with aero kit 👌 used to have a 997 turbo in guards red which I miss dearly 😢

Yorkshire

Post by Yorkshire » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:47 pm

I have a full set of 4 fully floating skunkwurz discs in boxes as supplied new. Never used if any good to you to you :vroom:

911tom

Post by 911tom » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:20 pm

The vanborghinni is probably not quite what you think unfortunately but still a lot of fun. It’s a Astra van with a vxr engine making around 330hp. I just use it for track days now. It’s absolutely solid. Reyland will make any disc. I sent them an old one to replicate. Really helpful over the phone.

http://www.reyland.co.uk/

911tom

Post by 911tom » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:35 pm

Not got many vids of the van in action but hers a short clip filmed from another car of it coming by. It’s usually in the fastest 25% on track days so a lot of fun.

911tom

Post by 911tom » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:39 pm

Rickywoolston wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:39 pm Good to see you have a 996 btw!, I also have a 996 c2 with aero kit 👌 used to have a 997 turbo in guards red which I miss dearly 😢
Yup 996 turbo. Had it 8 years! It’s now at 800hp

Rickywoolston

Post by Rickywoolston » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:18 pm

Yorkshire wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:47 pm I have a full set of 4 fully floating skunkwurz discs in boxes as supplied new. Never used if any good to you to you :vroom:
That would be brilliant please pm me price and contact number that would be great!, if you’d sell just the rears even better as this car is costing me a fortune 😂 could collect as less than 1 hour away from leeds