Bonnet and airbox

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
44 TOY

Bonnet and airbox

Post by 44 TOY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Hello.

Does anyone know the cost of getting a bonnet and air box for an Atom 4 in a different colour at all please?

I fancy getting some green panels if I ever fancy a change.

Thanks.
Dean

Peter255

Re: Bonnet and airbox

Post by Peter255 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 am

Dean,

I don't know but a quick call to the Ariel (parts department) should answer your question.

01460 78817. Ask for parts. They are usually very helpful.
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

44 TOY

Post by 44 TOY » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Peter255 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 am Dean,

I don't know but a quick call to the Ariel (parts department) should answer your question.

01460 78817. Ask for parts. They are usually very helpful.
Thanks Peter.

I didn't realise they were open, i've just called and waiting for a callback to complete the order.

They are very reasonable to be fair.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Dean,

Good stuff. When they confirm i might be interested for future reference. Some funky coloured panels could be amusing... :)

44 TOY

Post by 44 TOY » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:28 pm

Peter255 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:25 pm Dean,

Good stuff. When they confirm i might be interested for future reference. Some funky coloured panels could be amusing... :)
Hello Peter.

It’s £650 plus VAT for the bonnet and air box, you then have to add the stickers which is an extra £30.

The green panels are not currently in stock and are coming back toward the end of July.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Have you considered going “unpainted” and then wrapping as and when you change your mind.

I know [mention]Karl V [/mention] does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:07 pm

£780 (inc) plus any shipping.. OK will bear that in mind... :tu:

Anon

Post by Anon » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:57 am

How are you finding the gel coat hardness on the body panels? Are you seeing any stone chip damage from the road?

44 TOY

Post by 44 TOY » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:10 am

simonrhart wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:57 am How are you finding the gel coat hardness on the body panels? Are you seeing any stone chip damage from the road?
Hello Simon, I don't have any chips at all yet in 630 miles of driving, I am driving from Swansea to Somerset tomorrow for a running in service (and back) so i'll report back after the journey.

Cheers.
Dean

Anon

Post by Anon » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 am

Good to know Dean. My car is currently being machine polished and ppf'ed and the wheel arches seem to be a very soft gel coat, hence my question so my detailer has polished them to get all the small scratches out of them. He has also polished the entire power coat chassis as this too had a lot of fine scratches on it. The carbon seems to be very hard wearing though. Will send some pictures soon.

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:26 am

simonrhart wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:57 am How are you finding the gel coat hardness on the body panels? Are you seeing any stone chip damage from the road?
Simon, its well worth getting PPF on the bonnet. Mine has saved the custom paint job on mine a number of times. I can recommend a chap near me, but guess you will require something closer to home

Anon

Post by Anon » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:28 pm

GraemeW wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:26 am Simon, its well worth getting PPF on the bonnet. Mine has saved the custom paint job on mine a number of times. I can recommend a chap near me, but guess you will require something closer to home
Thanks Graeme. My car is currently at Definitive Detail down in Chelmsford on the recommendation of Badders. Paul over there has already PPF'ed the entire bonnet. Given that it is carbon fibre it is a lot harder wearing than the gel coat. I have found the gel coat very soft at least on my car. Paul machined polished them so they look fantastic then PPF'ed them. He said "they were horrendous" but he is a perfectionist. The front arches are completely covered now, because even the front backside gets stone chips from the rear tyres if not protected. I was just surprised how soft it is, maybe it's just my car if no one else is seeing fine scratches.

Badders

Post by Badders » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:45 pm

I'm planning on getting a spare set of bodywork too, thanks for confirming the price chaps.

My arches (standard black gel coat) were quite soft too. They're still looking great after Paul worked his magic though. Big bottle of GTechniq Quick Detailer keeps things looking good, and is all I do to 'wash' the car.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:23 am

Thinking of having my arches wrapped. I wonder how resistant the material is, anyone know?

Cheers,
Hedge

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:57 am

I spoke to my detailer yesterday who currently has my car about having my arches wrapped in a satin vinyl and he said he could do about 98% of it so it would not look that great. Using a gloss vinyl he said would be ok in the same colour. But mine have been machine polished and now PPF'ed entirely. The demo cars are quite battered in stone chips and mine were scratched really badly and they feel really soft. So adhesion is not a problem it seems, coverage is the hard part due to the bumps and lumps all over them.