How to get behind the digidash to check for moisture

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
speedmachine

How to get behind the digidash to check for moisture

Post by speedmachine » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:08 pm

Hi guys,

As I have read a bit about our dash to suffer from moisture/fog, I want to take it out and check the connections.
Anyone know how to do this?

hamtt

Re: How to get behind the digidash to check for moisture

Post by hamtt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Spa dash or race technology digital dash?
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:37 pm

hamtt wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:19 pm Spa dash or race technology digital dash?
Digital

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:41 am

There won't be any moisture in the connection to the unit itself, race technology uses military spec connectors.

If yiu get any moisture it'll be inside the unit. You have to unscrew the two big connectors and there should be some screws holding the dash in place. Once you remove the dash you'll see the screws at the back you can unscrew to open the unit. They may be hex or torx screws, cabt remember off the top of my head.

The unit is sealed with a grease lining around the edge which acts as a water/moisture buffer. If this grease has been jetwashed away then you might get some moisture inside the unit.

Is your unit already suffering or are you wanting to take precautionary measures?
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:55 pm

hamtt wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:41 am There won't be any moisture in the connection to the unit itself, race technology uses military spec connectors.

If yiu get any moisture it'll be inside the unit. You have to unscrew the two big connectors and there should be some screws holding the dash in place. Once you remove the dash you'll see the screws at the back you can unscrew to open the unit. They may be hex or torx screws, cabt remember off the top of my head.

The unit is sealed with a grease lining around the edge which acts as a water/moisture buffer. If this grease has been jetwashed away then you might get some moisture inside the unit.

Is your unit already suffering or are you wanting to take precautionary measures?

No, no problema, I’m just bored as hell so I thought lets unscrew stuff, but how do I reach the connectors? There is a lot of fuzz around the screen like brake bias, steering column lights etc etc, or should I be able to put my hand there to unscrew them?