650bhp Turbo Atom

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Noel

650bhp Turbo Atom

Post by Noel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Hey folks.

My car has been in at TDI north on and off since christmas with an oil leak (i posted about this when i bought the car in october last year) that just wouldnt go away, engine out 3 times and a fair few visits but its finally sorted, everyone kept thinking it was the rear main seal, 2 of those and was still leaking from some where, turned out it was some pre plugged hole that gets plugged from the engine been built that never gets touched, it was that all along, finally a few big drives and all is sorted thank god.

From my many visits and chats iv got to know some of the lads and i got a call at the start of the week asking if i wanted the turbo charge my supercharged atom 3, i declined but jamie over there started to tell me how they really want to turbo charge an NA or SC, they want to do a 650bhp atom :H:
I said id post on here incase anyone was interested? So if anyone on here is interested in turning their atom in to a 650bhp monster give jamie a ring at TDI north.

Another quick one, if anyone knows, im looking at buying a extra front and rear/snorkel cover for my atom, how much are they typically from ariel does anyone know? Just so i have an idea.
Iv also been looking at the carbon skunk worx ones, are these just as good/better/worse? Any opinions?

Thanks in advance guys.

Kai

Re: 650bhp Turbo Atom

Post by Kai » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:46 pm

I like the sound of that!
I’ve emailed them once already but no reply but will try again.
Did they say what they wanted for the loan of a development car?
Kai

Noel

Re: 650bhp Turbo Atom

Post by Noel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Give them a call Kai, if it goes to the answer machine leave a message, they always get back to you. They seemed very keen on doing one. I dont know any more details really.