Atom4 Track Day lap timing with brake pressure overlay on video

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
dooke2000

Atom4 Track Day lap timing with brake pressure overlay on video

Post by dooke2000 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:57 am

Has anyone had this option'ed on their Atom 4. Does anyone have a video clip?

I have a Gopro 8 black and not sure if to option this.
Corvette 74 big block, Mustang Cobra Terminator, Focus RS mk3, Nissan GTR, Maserati Gran turismo mc sport.

Anon

Re: Atom4 Track Day lap timing with brake pressure overlay on video

Post by Anon » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 pm

I haven't but I bought the AIM CAN multiplier that acts as a data hub for connecting other peripherals - one of which is the GPS module that provides lap counting. I decided to try the below before splashing out.

It's an expensive camera and only 1080p as well. Your GoPro costs less than half this. If you spec'ed the GPS module instead you can use the data files from Race Studio Analysis (AIM software) by exporting them in Excel and then use them as input into Race Studio 3 along with your GoPro footage to create the same thing but in 4k. You won't though have the brake pedal overlay because Atom 4 does not come with a brake pedal sensor (unless you buy the camera from them, or install yourself). That said the AIM smartycam is a slicker installation because it gets it power from the AIM multiplier - and you need this for the GPS module to work anyway regardless if you choose to add the smarty CAM or not.

See here for Race Render data logger support:
http://racerender.com/RR3/docs/HowTo-DataInput.html#AIM