Mid Atlantic Track Days...

This is where commercially available track days and hire should be posted to. Only full club members can create posts, registered users can comment on posts and guests can view only.
Marcus

Mid Atlantic Track Days...

Post by Marcus » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:35 pm

A few track days in case I can draw out some other AA's to run with.
June 20-21 Summit Point WV - www.hyper-fest.com
July 3 - Lowes Motor Speedway - PM me for details
July 17-19 Pocono Speedway - www.nasaracing.net (NE region)
July 25-26 VIR - www.nasaracing.net
Aug 22-23 Summit Main - www.nasaracing.net
Aug 27-28 VIR - www.trackdaze.com
Last edited by Marcus on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Re: Mid Atlantic Track Days...

Post by Marcus » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Pocono speedway was a fantastic event!  The first day had 7 (seven) 30 minute sessions on 3 different tracks - it was like a driving buffet and by the afternoon I had no need for mirrors in group 3. R6's along with softer than usual Bilstein settings were flawless. Quiet 3 motor effortlessly hit the 130's on the speedway portions and the Alcons with stock pads handled the long sessions with ease. Saturday brought on more sessions with a longer track configuration. Thanks to NASA northeast for putting on this great event - it will be hard to go back to 20 minute sessions and an 80 minute trackday.

FYI - I'll be spectating the Ultimate Trackcar Challenge on Friday @ VIR (is anyone here doing this?) and on track through the weekend with NASA Mid Atlantic.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Report from VIR - Mark Swain can fly.... I cannot.
Ultimate Track Car Challenge brought many great cars and drivers this year including TMI's demo. I have a ton of pictures to post later but for now here are the times and a link to a couple of my laps.
1. 1:44.9 Riley Technologies Mk XXII Track Day Car won the event - wow!
2. 1:50 Corvette Racecar driven by Michael Skeen
3. 1:53 Hemi Challenger Racecar driven by Phill Currin
4. 1:54 Corvette driven by Danny Popp
5-10. 1:59-2:00 Corvette, M3, GT2X2, STi, 430.
11. 2:01 Ariel Atom 3 Demo car driven by TMI's Mark Swain - WOW!
27. 2:11 Nemesis driven by Ronald Earp.
Thanks TMI for all of the setup advice and track support over the weekend - I learned a ton, and Mark's awesome (and improving) times clearly provide me something to shoot for with my current setup. Nemesis guys were a great bunch - great to meet you and good luck.
Video: http://www.goal-group.com/gg/Track_Vids.html (Top two vid's on the page are from this weekend)
Pictures: http://www.goal-group.com/gg/Pictures/Pages/UTC.html (Lead cars along with the Demo car and the Nemisis)
Last edited by Marcus on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:30 pm

I really enjoy 30+ minute track sessions as well.By that time,your tires and brakes are up to temp and you are getting into a nice rhythm. Sounds like you are enjoying your car :tu: 

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:01 pm

[quote="Curator"]
Sounds like you are enjoying your car :tu: 
[/quote]
Serious understatement. It's like I have my own driving series.

Fran Hall

Post by Fran Hall » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks Marcus...likewise... :tu:

Feffman

Post by Feffman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:00 am

Good Evening Everyone:

Just a quick note on [url=http://"http://www.mvptracktime.com"]MVP Track Timeâ??s[/url] 2009 Mid-Atlantic (some Northeastern and Southeast too for good measure)  track days.  All are welcome.  We have these events listed below:

September 7-8: Virginia International Raceway â?�Labor Day Speed Fixâ?�

October 31 â?? November 1:  Watkins Glen â?�Halloween Fright FAST!â?�

November 21 â?? 22:  Road Atlanta â??Flyin Turkey Trotâ?�

Of course you can run at any of our track events.  For more details, registration (both on-line and mail-in registration) and the balance of the 2009 schedule, visit us at www.MVPTrackTime.com. 

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at (314) 249-3770 or Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com. Happy Motoring and Iâ??ll see you at the track!

Feff