Rover Head Gasket Failure

The original Rover powered Atom 1
benyeats

Re: Rover Head Gasket Failure

Post by benyeats » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:51 pm

[quote="wisp"]
[quote="benyeats"]
I think you are being slightly pedantic, UMTS is generally accepted to refer to 3G services and is W-CDMA based.  EDGE is more like 2.5G as it is way slower than UMTS.

Ben
[/quote]
By the US being CDMA not GSM I was referring to IS-95 (cdmaOne), 2G CDMA and CDMA2000. They are all 3GPP2. Not compatible and in competition with GSM.
[/quote]

I knew what you meant really.  You can get GSM in most (all ? ) of the US these days but it was not the case until relativley recently. 

Anyway back to headgaskets ?

Ben

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:03 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
Anyway back to headgaskets ?

Ben
[/quote]

Yes, enough of work and more of toys.

The car seems to run well and hold a more stable temperature in the short outing I have managed since the gasket replacement. My latest problem has been starting it. I though the battery might have been buggered after sitting for 6 months. However the Odyssey batteries can apparently sit for up to 2 years without needing a recharge. It turns out it's the starter motor that is broken. It must of happened when I tried to start it with a cylinder full of coolant.

Hey Nathan.  :P

The JD

Post by The JD » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:34 pm

;D Hurrah well done, knew you could do it, wasnt so bad now was it!! Not in the least suprised that the only bad part was done by A another!!

If I was you I would keep your eyes peeled for an MGF trophy 160vvc RightOff/Smashed (complete car).
Rover parts are starting to get scarce, gear change cables, throttle cables (4m long) and of course engines.
In the UK they can still be had cheaply, so Im filling up my garage with bits ;)

Having said that Im only aware of handfull of MK1's so might be worth keeping things original.... especially if yours is in good nick, Ben and myself have a tendancy to erm, mess with things ;)

Indeed, Ben will have to up his game as I took my TURBO K-Series for its maiden voyage today and can say without any hesitation or doubt OMG (Oh My God!) Im running the tallest 5th gear and final drive available for the PG1 and the 160VVC trudged and ran out of puff before the rev limiter at 6500, but the Turbo just blows 5th away as if it was 3rd gear!!! Seriously its like needing to grab for 4th but theres no 6th.

........... ATOM 3 boys whatch out!......................

JD

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 pm

[quote="wisp"]
Hey Nathan.  :P

[/quote]

Fair cop.  Long as its got dobly thats fine  ;D