Atom 1 several questions, tyre choice, brake bias, radiator

The original Rover powered Atom 1
c_a

Re: Atom 1 several questions, tyre choice, brake bias, radiator

Post by c_a » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Currently I am in holiday and set the price so high to get no more requests.
I think I get around 30k€ for it in spring, but may we keep it in the family if I can sell my Hummer H1 to buy the Atom 2.

The UK has lower standards for the registration rules compared to the rest of europe.

I hate Brussel for what they are doing in so many things and I am sure UK will have a better future without all these regulations and corruption.

Curves Junkie

Post by Curves Junkie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Rocket Man wrote: Just curious, why is it the european people can come as it is so easily to live and work in UK
It's EU.  O0
British guys can come to all countries in the EU and life and work there - no problem you are very welcome.
My understanding was all was equal throughout europe or is it just one rule for one issue and another for us brits
Equal is not equal  >:D
Only in UK is it possible to built or modify your own car and your administration is lot more relax. At no other country in the EU is this allowed or very heavy.
The rules are for all the same BUT Ariel specify the Atom3 as EURO 4 emmissions. The problem is that the Ariel Atom is not comply with the law for a EURO 4-car built.
Sorry it's a Ariel factory problem.
In UK you need a "Atom friendly guy" for the MOT too.
We say it here - the MOT man must be blind on one eye - at least.  ;D
c_a wrote: I hate Brussel for what they are doing in so many things and I am sure UK will have a better future without all these regulations and corruption.
When I read what you are doing with this wrecked car and now you want to sell it as a street legal car - that made me stunned. So please don't talk about corruption in the EU.
Ariel Atom 3 [2010] Honda 2.0 K20Z4 with JacksonRacing SC only 370PS :H: - never, ever for sale
Abarth 595 Competizione [2016] - now my daughters car
Porsche 718 Spyder [11/2019] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHb3-aNuZzQ

c_a

Post by c_a » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Why is this a wrecked car?
It had some damages on the cooling system due to a long period without useage and old tyres on it.

By the way, I bought a set team dynamics 15" wheels with toyo proxes r888 tyres which should arrive at the next weekend :-)

Curves Junkie

Post by Curves Junkie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:19 pm

[quote="c_a"]
Why is this a wrecked car?
It had some damages on the cooling system due to a long period without useage and old tyres on it.
[/quote]
Have a look at your car and you will see it.
Do you have made a factory phone call (Henry or Steve) about the VIN or to the German importer Steffen Queck?
It's unimaginable for me that Ariel built the 7. Atom for a LHD-customer.
Look at post #10 from @John Scherer and compare the VIN plate with yours.
Last year I was with my Atom at the factory and I had seen how clean they work on our cars. The cut out at post 13 and your pics at post 11 looks like a novice had done this work.
Ariel Atom 3 [2010] Honda 2.0 K20Z4 with JacksonRacing SC only 370PS :H: - never, ever for sale

Monza

Post by Monza » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Some mystakes written here :
In UK, the Atom pass the IVA to be registered, no need to be Euro 4 for it. The IVA system is the UK one and each EC country has its own individual approval system, no EC harmonisation for this apart from some specific rules.
You wrote that Ariel says that the Atom was euro4 compliant , where ?  The equivalent of MOT tests' that we have to pass after some years has nothing common with the real Euro 4 exhaust test. With the stock mapping, a hot catalyst (that's important) and an O2 sensir working well, all the atoms will continue to pass the ''Mot' test.
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

c_a

Post by c_a » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:09 am

@cuves junkie
#10 is on the behind the rhd driver seat on the firewall and #13 is behind the gear shift lever on a total different position,
the small dents are from the gearshift lever

I don't think that it is car #7 in total because it was registered on first of july 2000 and ariel started building cars one or two years earlier.

imagine what you want, but stop saying that this is a wrecked car if you don't know anything about it, thank you
Last edited by c_a on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Curves Junkie

Post by Curves Junkie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Monza wrote: Some mystakes written here :
In UK, the Atom pass the IVA to be registered, no need to be Euro 4 for it. The IVA system is the UK one and each EC country has its own individual approval system, no EC harmonisation for this apart from some specific rules.
You wrote that Ariel says that the Atom was euro4 compliant , where ? 
Sorry I don't say that Ariel says ....

The The European emission standard says that, e.g. my car with his first registration in 2010, must fulfill the EURO  4 requirements.
And it doesn't - sorry that's a fact.

If I buy now in 2017 a brand new Atom, this car must fulfill EURO 6 (starting at 01.01.2015).
The Atom and Nomad built with the Honda k24 and this engine has Euro 5. And that's why new Ariels get no registration in most of the EU countries.
Maybe you are right, I know nothing about the MOT tests in UK.
The equivalent of MOT tests' that we have to pass after some years has nothing common with the real Euro 4 exhaust test.
Yes, correct. But starting with 01.01.2018 here in Germany the TÜV (MOT) must do a real exhaust test on every car. This is a consequence of the exhaust emission scandal. Another consequence is that the engineers get a drastic punishment if they let pass such cars.
The absolut crazy thing is that the TÜV engineers tells me, that they have made tests in the few last weeks with brand new cars and they failed the new emision test.
With the stock mapping, a hot catalyst (that's important) and an O2 sensir working well, all the atoms will continue to pass the ''Mot' test.
That's correct too and my car pass this emission test in November.
I need 4 visits by different TÜV engineers to pass TÜV (MOT) test, 500 Euro and 800 km driving.  >:D
They ALL tell me that 2019, TÜV is every 2 year here, no chance to pass the tests because the car don't fulfill the Euro-4-hardware-requirements.
So lets see.

Curves Junkie

Post by Curves Junkie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:54 pm

c_a wrote: I don't think that it is car #7 in total because it was registered on first of july 2000 and ariel started building cars one or two years earlier.
WOW, you don't think this vehicle is not the Ariel Atom 1 car number 7.  :H:
Possibly a fake? So hope that never Simon or Henry read this thread.
imagine what you want, but stop saying that this is a wrecked car if you don't know anything
OK, I will never say "this is a wrecked car".  :wize:
Now EOD.

Monza

Post by Monza » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:59 pm

You have written that Ariel has specified Atom 3 as Euro 4, you can read your post
Last edited by Monza on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 am

[quote="c_a"]

I don't think that it is car #7 in total because it was registered on first of july 2000 and ariel started building cars one or two years earlier.

[/quote]

c_a

This should be car number 7 - the date of first registration makes sense, as we started manufacturing customer vehicles in the year 2000.

Finding the stamped in VIN number will confirm its identity. 

any questions - please email me at the factory :)  :tu:
1992 Landrover Defender 200TDi - Heavily Modified
1966 Landrover Series IIa - Fairly Original.
2004 Fcous ST170 You Guessed it, Heavily modified!
1977 UAZ 452 'Loaf'
On the waiting list for a Nomad... mine comes when yours is finished.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 am

Henry does post 13 provide what you need?
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 am

Peter,

indeed it does - i have just seen the post with the stamped in number under the front end too.

Confirming that it is indeed car number 7! #noschoolliketheoldschool
1992 Landrover Defender 200TDi - Heavily Modified
1966 Landrover Series IIa - Fairly Original.
2004 Fcous ST170 You Guessed it, Heavily modified!
1977 UAZ 452 'Loaf'
On the waiting list for a Nomad... mine comes when yours is finished.

c_a

Post by c_a » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 am

Thank you, so I own the Bond Atom  ;D

Curves Junkie

Post by Curves Junkie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:43 am

[quote="HenryJS"]
This should be car number 7 - the date of first registration makes sense, as we started manufacturing customer vehicles in the year 2000.

Finding the stamped in VIN number will confirm its identity. 
[/quote]
[quote="HenryJS"]
indeed it does - i have just seen the post with the stamped in number under the front end too.

Confirming that it is indeed car number 7!
[/quote]

Thx Henry for confirming that this is a original Ariel factory car and not a fake car.
@c_a can be happy now.

So I hope you can get a §21 registration now.
I think the best way is you contact Henry by email and you can get an officially confirmation on an Ariel letterhead about the stamped VIN on the frame.
So the TÜV engineer will be glad and you too.  ;D

c_a

Post by c_a » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Hello Forum,
I have it on the road now but some trouble that the front tyres locking first all the time and the brake performance is very low.

I turned the brake bias all the way to the rear but the performance increased only a little bit.

Is this normal with the stock brakes?

The Technical forum is invisible, is this a bug or a feature?