A Flashlight/Glove: Useful for Night Atomic Driving?

Jacob Potts

A Flashlight/Glove: Useful for Night Atomic Driving?

Post by Jacob Potts » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Fellow Atomites:

This site is advertising the "Glovelite" (yes, it is lamentable American commercial spelling, but there it is). http://www.glovelite.com/

The glove has an LED flashlight built into it.  Yes, it is designed for aircraft use, but might it be useful also for us?

"the flashlight you cannot drop"

white light flashlight, looking at a map

red light

green light

It is minimalistic: it fits that Atomic criteria.  Since the Atom has no interior lighting, might the "Glovelite" fill a need?

Jacob Potts

RichardR

Re: A Flashlight/Glove: Useful for Night Atomic Driving?

Post by RichardR » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:25 am

In the UK at least you'd have your fingers dropping off if you drove around in the dark without warm gloves - making it pretty useless.

I always make sure I carry a good small torch though in case I get stranded and it goes dark or I need to peer in some mechanical nook.

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:35 pm

[quote="RichardR"]

In the UK at least you'd have your fingers dropping off if you drove around in the dark without warm gloves - making it pretty useless.

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing but it looks like you would be able to transfer the mechanicals to another glove and just scrap the actual glove part.

Reminds me of Santa's magic glove. http://reallysanta.blogspot.com/2009/04/santas-magic-glove.html  That's not me in the pic, but I've got a pair of these gloves (and I'm not telling how it works!!!)

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:40 am

I've never needed a flashlight (torch) at night.
Just turn on the headlights and there's enough bounceback from the footwell that you can see enough to fasten seatbelts, etc.